Recommend an auto washing machine

bigste

Featured Posts

11 hours ago, bigste said:

Can anyone recommend an auto washer that will work well with a genny with sine wave output. It needs to be a current model in order for me to buy new. Thanks in advance.

Our Zanussi ZWC 1301 compact works perfectly with our pure sine wave generator but not with our pure sine wave inverter.

Edited by pearley

I have an LG on this boat and an LG on the last boat. Both worked on various pure sign inverters to include Sterling/power master and mastervolt. This one is the smaller 7.5kg the last was 9kg. The big plus points to LG is there are no plastic bands to slip/snap they are driven directly through a gearbox.

I thank you all for the replies. Pearly is the only useful answer. It is no good to say your Indesit works well etc unless you tell me the model number. The likes of Candy, LG & Indesit make many different models so please if you can tell me the model. Thanks Pearly I'll have a look.

3 minutes ago, bigste said:

I thank you all for the replies. Pearly is the only useful answer. It is no good to say your Indesit works well etc unless you tell me the model number. The likes of Candy, LG & Indesit make many different models so please if you can tell me the model. Thanks Pearly I'll have a look.

No problem just been for a look at it. This one is LG the model is WM-14331FD. The previous one I cant remember. This one is several years old and still faultless but they may no longer make precise model but betting they will work the same. If you need me to measure it or anything just shout.

1 minute ago, wiltshirewonderer said:

Linky as requested. They look interesting but I haven't found a tech specification. Hoping they will have very low power requirements.

Thanks that's really helpful :D

Whatever make you go for make sure you measure the depth as a lot are too deep for a narrow boat and protrude into the galley, we bought a slim line indesit for this reason as it's only 460mm deep not sure of model as not on boat at mo but is a current model.

Neil

16 hours ago, wiltshirewonderer said:

ebac have finally launched hot-fill models so may be worth a look.

15 hours ago, Meanderingviking said:

Might be bit of a numb question, do they have a website? 

Might be worth a read.

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/help/buying-advice/washing-machine/2814-buying-help-why-hot-fill-is-a-waste-of-time

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/help/buying-advice/washing-machine/2965-hot-water-fill-for-washing-machines-again

1 hour ago, wonderdust said:

Yup, read those in the past - they turn up fairly high in the google results when looking for hot fill machines.

I'm keen to see the spec to see what temp washes it will use the hot feed for. Pipe runs and the rest of it not really an issue. Once I've seen the spec I will be able to decide whether it makes sense for my specific install and usage scenario.