Skipton

luggsy

Featured Posts

Currently in Skipton one of our favourite places, what has happened to it every where you go there is dog shit , it's the worst place we have been even the canal is full of crap, it used to be so clean, still love it though but it really needs cleaning up , all the locals put there rubbish in c&rt refuge bins the door on the elsan won't shut so some.of the locals use it as a tollet the water tap door won't shut so when it's windy it's banging agenst the wall ( it's a steel door had to put a gallon of water ( container )in front of it to keep it closed come on c&rt pull your socks up 

2 hours ago, Canal321 said:

Agreed. Gargrave gets my vote everytime. 

Agreed, good food and beer in the Masons Arms but sadly Mr Ellison's butchers shop is now closed. It used to sell the best pork pies in the World (IMHO) but the one in Skipton comes a close second!:P

Edited by howardang
Fat finger!

6 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

Not familiar with this particular stretch, but in general, doesn't that depend on whether there is a PROW along the towpath?

Very little of CRT's towpath is public right of way, and in general where there is a right of way over private land, the landowner is still responsible for maintenance.

16 hours ago, luggsy said:

Currently in Skipton one of our favourite places, what has happened to it every where you go there is dog shit , it's the worst place we have been even the canal is full of crap, it used to be so clean, still love it though but it really needs cleaning up , all the locals put there rubbish in c&rt refuge bins the door on the elsan won't shut so some.of the locals use it as a tollet the water tap door won't shut so when it's windy it's banging agenst the wall ( it's a steel door had to put a gallon of water ( container )in front of it to keep it closed come on c&rt pull your socks up 

You're right about the dog shit, it's everywhere. The dog walking locals are a disgusting lot in my opinion.  The sanitary station was being used as a shelter for the local weed smoking kids the last time we were there (lock broken ) and a local window cleaner comes most days and fills his 1000 ltr tank in the back of his van from the water point !, when it was locked, he had his own key !!    :o

Bazza 

Sorry to hear this but I doubt its boaters. The locals in the expensive houses in this village oft daily walk their dogs along the towpath here past my boat and I know them all. More than half clean up but there are several who do not and the bigger the house the worse the culprit. The bloke in one of the realy big houses has had dog poo put in a bag and through his letterbox by another local due to him never cleaning up after his dogs :lol: There is a local woman with a new range rover whom I have had to have words with who repeatedly pulls up in our car park and wafts off with her doggies to crap on the towpath. There are several of us homeless " canal trash " that live along this stretch and every single one of us cleans up without hesitation. Non of us wears a suit though.

I am getting seriously fed up with dog deposits. Last week we abandoned the erewash -it  was bad enough to find the grass we moored against with lots of dog mess but someone let their dog do it all over our ropes. 

Then this weekend at Beeston our grandchild managed to fall and land head first in a pile -it was absolutely disgusting, in his hair, on his face, everywhere.