Reputation scores

mross

Do you want 'reputations' back or do you want less clutter? It's a trade off.  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want 'reputations' back or do you want less clutter? It's a trade off.

• Reputations on every post
    • Just somewhere but not on every post
    • Not bothered

Featured Posts

10 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

And I find myself in total agreement re " Farcebook " and " Twatter " utter nonsense as are computer games.

It's not really the 'nonsense' that deters me from Facebook and Twitter since if you think about it all games, whether computer or not, are just nonsense really but people enjoy playing them which is what makes them worthwhile. What put me off Facebook and Twitter is the rather creepy stuff that is going on in the background. This idea of 'likes' wasn't created to give the plebs a bit of interest, it was created so that the users can be profiled using the algorithms. This gives the opportunity to direct information to them which will encourage their prejudices, it has been said that Cambridge Analytica has used such information to the benefit of Trump and others. This isn't benign stuff, it is being used to try to direct opinion. For Facebook and Twitter there is a lot of money being made by selling the information that they have gained through this profiling. i seem to remember reading somewhere that the algorithms are powerful enough that they could state that someone was gay even before they may have 'outed' themselves on the basis of what they have 'liked' on F/Book, all a bit too creepy for me so I decided I didn't want to play that particular game.

2 hours ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

It's not really the 'nonsense' that deters me from Facebook and Twitter since if you think about it all games, whether computer or not, are just nonsense really but people enjoy playing them which is what makes them worthwhile. What put me off Facebook and Twitter is the rather creepy stuff that is going on in the background. This idea of 'likes' wasn't created to give the plebs a bit of interest, it was created so that the users can be profiled using the algorithms. This gives the opportunity to direct information to them which will encourage their prejudices, it has been said that Cambridge Analytica has used such information to the benefit of Trump and others. This isn't benign stuff, it is being used to try to direct opinion. For Facebook and Twitter there is a lot of money being made by selling the information that they have gained through this profiling. i seem to remember reading somewhere that the algorithms are powerful enough that they could state that someone was gay even before they may have 'outed' themselves on the basis of what they have 'liked' on F/Book, all a bit too creepy for me so I decided I didn't want to play that particular game.

Completely agree. Also major and minor crime is making use of especialy Farcebook in far too many ways. I have just been out for a meal with a friend of mine and we oft discuss such matters as he was senior police advisor to parliament before retiring. Funnily enough he like me is also dead against the lousy para military uniform now used by most forces so I am not the only dinosaur I know lol.