Reputation scores

mross

Do you want 'reputations' back or do you want less clutter? It's a trade off.  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want 'reputations' back or do you want less clutter? It's a trade off.

• Reputations on every post
    • Just somewhere but not on every post
    • Not bothered

Featured Posts

Although it's not currently shown, I prefer it with the reputation displayed next to posts but then I am slightly biased because my phone screen is relatively large. I appreciate users with smaller screens may place more value on de-cluttering their screens among other things. Horses for courses.

The location can be useful in many different situations, e.g. if a member asks where they can find X, others may refer to their location to give the most relevant advice so not sure I like the idea of trading the two.

In any case it's not my call to make but the outcome of the poll will be interesting to know.

RichM

1 minute ago, alan_fincher said:

Now that's something I can agree with you on.

A fairly daft idea in my view, and would not be sorry to see all trace of them erased, if I'm honest..

Hit the " Not bothered " bit of the poll as I am at present all alone on there :(

I have voted for 'somewhere but not in every post' as I agree that removing it all is not ideal, but I was looking at options to condense the information on the side of each post and that's what I found.

I hope and expect they can be returned in a way which suits everyone. Worst case we can set it back how it was with them beside each post.

Daniel

None of the choices in the poll are what I want.  I would like to be able to go to my profile and see without going back up the thread which posts have been agreed with/appreciated.  I would also like to be able to go to a posters profile and see the "reputation" as it helps me to decide (along with the number of posts) how much credence to put on any advice/replies/posts.

I suppose somewhere but not in every post is the nearest to what I would like.

• Greenie 4

17 hours ago, cuthound said:

I would happily trade location for reputation in the info under the user name and avatar, so it needed be a compromise on space used.

What do others think?

Yes, I think that would be a good compromise.

• Greenie 1

On 25/02/2017 at 20:49, alan_fincher said:

Now that's something I can agree with you on.

A fairly daft idea in my view, and would not be sorry to see all trace of them erased, if I'm honest..

On 25/02/2017 at 20:51, mrsmelly said:

Hit the " Not bothered " bit of the poll as I am at present all alone on there :(

I think I may need to go and lie down in a dark room somewhere, but I do actually agree with you, particularly the suggestion of seeing them all gone. Perhaps I'm just a funny b*gger but it all this nonsense of 'likes' and 're-tweeting' that has kept me off the likes of Facebook and Twitter as I can't see the point of it all, express your opinions and if people like it or don't like it,so be it. Then I read this article

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/28/how-technology-gets-us-hooked

which I will apologise for the length of, but it does actually make some valid points and interesting reading. Perhaps we are just addicted to pressing buttons to see what happens and I suppose give some explanation of why there is this addiction for 'likes' (for god sake don't click on this comment:huh:)

• Greenie 1

9 hours ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

I think I may need to go and lie down in a dark room somewhere, but I do actually agree with you, particularly the suggestion of seeing them all gone. Perhaps I'm just a funny b*gger but it all this nonsense of 'likes' and 're-tweeting' that has kept me off the likes of Facebook and Twitter as I can't see the point of it all, express your opinions and if people like it or don't like it,so be it. Then I read this article

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/28/how-technology-gets-us-hooked

which I will apologise for the length of, but it does actually make some valid points and interesting reading. Perhaps we are just addicted to pressing buttons to see what happens and I suppose give some explanation of why there is this addiction for 'likes' (for god sake don't click on this comment:huh:)

And I find myself in total agreement re " Farcebook " and " Twatter " utter nonsense as are computer games.

9 hours ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

I've given you a greenie/like for that, not because I agree, but to devalue the system.B)

23 minutes ago, lulu fish said:

In what way is posting on Facebook/Twitter any more nonsense than posting on a forum like this?

Well, Trump doesn't post here.  A lot of stuff on Twitter and Facebook is utterly banal.  The 140 character limit does not lend itself to reasoned discourse.  It is not tightly moderated.  A lot of posters are very stupid.  The list goes on and on. :D

Edited by mross

7 minutes ago, mross said:

Well, Trump doesn't post here.  A lot of stuff on Twitter and Facebook is utterly banal.  The 140 character limit does not lend itself to reasoned discourse.  It is not tightly moderated.  A lot of posters are very stupid.  The list goes on and on. :D

So not much difference to here then.

Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
Is the immediate jewel of their souls.
Who steals my purse steals trash. 'Tis something, nothing:
'Twas mine, ’tis his, and has been slave to thousands.
But he that filches from me my good name
Robs me of that which not enriches him
And makes me poor indeed.

Iago is one of Shakespeare's most revolting characters but he's got a point there. I want my reputation back :angry2:

12 minutes ago, lulu fish said:

So not much difference to here then.

my thoughts too!  And for all we know, Trump may be posting on here.

More seriously, the greenie system has become an integral part of how the forum bounces along.  Not being able to see them, other than connected to the individual post in the thread, seems a bit  of a shame to me.  I would predict that the awarding of greenies will gradually die out.