Topics in which I have posted

Go to solution Solved by DHutch,

Featured Posts

In the old version the blob which took you to the last read post was a star when it was a topic in which I had posted.  Is there any way now of telling which topics I have posted in, or can it be configured in my new 'View New Content' page?  (This is a request from Mrs Mac who likes to see what I've been up to.)

(I don't want to configure it only to show topics I have contributed to.)

Edited by Mac of Cygnet
missing letter

1 hour ago, alan_fincher said:

What is the difference between "a topic in which I have posted" and a "topic I have contributed to" please?  (I may be missing something here!).

No difference.  My second paragraph was emphasising that I don't just want to look at topics I've posted in

28 minutes ago, magpie patrick said:

I get a star by topics I have posted on. I need to fiddle with the settings though as the moment I've read a thread it disappears which is taking "view new content " a bit too literally for me. 

Yes, I'm seeing stars now (!).  I was fooled by the fact that the stars (and blobs) seemed to disappear once I'd read the topic. But they're still there, but very, very faint.

Threads don't disappear after I've read them though - I've no idea why yours do, or how to stop it.

1 hour ago, Rob-M said:

I created myself another Custom Stream to show all topics that I have posted in. 

As said above, this is one of the default streams, unless you want something slightly different.

1 hour ago, Rob-M said:

I like the ability to create my own streams to give the specific filters and views that I want.

I must say I think its a really good feature. Great shame that the default 'unread content' does not give people the results they expect and or are used to, and that to get a page of the exact same results and the 'view new content' button on the old version requires a custom steam.

However once created and set as default, you can get a setup that is in effect exactly as per the previous version.

Daniel