Rob-M

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

I see you get a notification now telling you who has given you a greenie, just can't see them in your profile.

Just to add; These can be adjusted to suit your preferences. You can update the settings here:

http://canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/notifications/options/

It can also be found by clicking on the bell symbol at the top followed by "Notification settings". The tick-boxes which correlate with the "Notification List" can be used to adjust the FB style popups. (disable/enable to suit)

2 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

I see you get a notification now telling you who has given you a greenie, just can't see them in your profile.

Yes, notification on the bell, and then on the love heart. But nowhere else, I don't think.

4 minutes ago, bizzard said:

There's one on your love heart. Your bell should announce it.

Great!   Snag - I can't find a heart in either settings or profile where should I be looking?

EDIT:  I think I know what you mean but I was looking more for the totals as used to be shown under reputation.

Edited by Jerra

1 minute ago, Jerra said:

Great!   Snag - I can't find a heart in either settings or profile where should I be looking?

This is it. I don't think there are any anywhere else. There was at first but Dan said he switched them off to save space or something.

6 minutes ago, bizzard said:

This is it. I don't think there are any anywhere else. There was at first but Dan said he switched them off to save space or something.

Thanks.  Just something else I will be missing with the new software.   Being able to see somebody's reputation did IMO help you to decide on how much credence to give to a post you might be unsure about.  That may just have been the funny way my mind works,

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Jerra said:

Thanks.  Just something else I will be missing with the new software.   Being able to see somebody's reputation did IMO help you to decide on how much credence to give to a post you might be unsure about.  That may just have been the funny way my mind works,

I think most people USED to do that.

14 hours ago, bizzard said:

There's one on your love heart. Your bell should announce it.

Reputation notifications (ex-greenies) seem to be announced by a little gurgling tinkle which made me jump the first time it happened, as my computer doesn't make noises normally.  I'll have a look at RichM's link to see if I can make it desist.  

10 hours ago, tomsk said:

'Reputation' is easily skewed and subject to the winds of popularity.  .

As a rough guide it has it's merits, but nothing trumps honesty.

There's a gag in there about the US political situation, I'm sure...

:D

33 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Reputation notifications (ex-greenies) seem to be announced by a little gurgling tinkle which made me jump the first time it happened, as my computer doesn't make noises normally.  I'll have a look at RichM's link to see if I can make it desist.  

The default setting in notifications seems to be to Play a Sound when receiving notification.  You will find it in your settings to untick the box.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, DHutch said:

Recently.

It is work in progress and for review, but we have also enabled the 'leader board' which enables you to see those with highest reputation.

Daniel

I was looking at that a few minutes minutes ago, but for me the Reputation Points have to be looked at in conjunction with the total number of Posts to have any value - and mine is not that good as I have a ratio of 2700 posts to 129 Reputation Points.= 5% of my posts are of any value :captain:

5 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Now we have 'reputation' points back taking up one line, can we get rid of the sodding great avatars taking up about six lines next to every post please? Pretty PLEASE???????????????

Tried the new theme?

On 09/03/2017 at 06:09, WotEver said:

Tried the new theme?

Yes, on my other PC where I have the sodding great avatars blocked using AdBlock anyway. A BIG improvement. 

Still here on this laptop. I'll try the new theme on this.

Ok just realised it automatically installed itself on this laptop anyway! Sodding great avatars wasting space still here. No post numbers either. 

Edited by Mike the Boilerman