Unread Content

Featured Posts

51 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

I do not have "view new content" with icons below the grey information banner. I have "unread content" with an option to set or unset it as my default stream. ticking or unticking it does not seem to make any difference.

'View new content' is a custom steam I have created, as mentioned by other members above, which can be setup to provide the results you wish, and then be sent as the default to over right the 'unread content' you a using currently.

52 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

I am prompted to ask "why is the new format so complicated and different on different devices etc. Why can't it be configured so that it works in all operating systems and on all devices. If people like Screwfix and ebay worked like this forum update,  they would go bankrupt pretty quickly.

The forum configuration is not affected be device or operating system. The way the buttons are displayed varies in a number of steps with the screen size so that all users from desktop to smartphone via tablet get the best balance of how much is shown on screen.

Your comparison with Screwfix/Ebay may be true but equally if Canalworld had the income that either organisation had, we to would have a large team of developers and be running high quality bespoke coded software. As it is we are a small forum running as non for profit entity staff by volunteer staff, using the best propitiatory we feel is available.

Daniel 

3 hours ago, mross said:

Dan, I like the new look and it did not take long to set it up the way I like, using a custom stream.  Can you post a sticky with suggested filters to set?  And another to explain how to set a custom stream?

I agree.

The default will serve some people, but I will will look getting a guide made, as well as if we can adjust the defaults.

Thanks