Unread Content

Featured Posts

At the moment it is not obvious how having displayed threads with "unread content", I actually get to go to the first unread post, rtaher than the first post in the thread.

Must be easy, so how, please?

EDIT:

Scrub that - I have found it - it is easy - just different!

3 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

Well you are two stages ahead of me Alan, I can't even find "unread content"  and the thread titled "Site Update" does not have anything in it.

Top right, jus below the search box, I have a button marked "unread content", (next to something like "mark all forum content as read".).

3 minutes ago, Peter Reed said:

Please llet on Alan.

Where the headings for threads on the "unread content" page are listed, immediately to the right of the thread title is a big round dot.  Hover over that, and it shows its purpose is to go to first unread post in that thread.

3 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

May depend on the device and screen size you are using. On my tablet top right is three lines, click on there, then activity and under there was New Content.

Ooo you must have the mobile version can't find that on mine

2 minutes ago, Jerra said:

Also if anybody knows how to get to the last post you read in a thread that would help as well.   In the past it was a single click on the icon at the start of the heading, it doesn't seem to work (for me at least).

well in the PC version, (I havent tried mobile device) there are a load of boxes at the top of the display of unread content, (abov the posts).

One of these says "time period".

Click on these, an "number of days" is an option.

Presumably set this to 1, (or any other number of your choice)?

32 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Top right, jus below the search box, I have a button marked "unread content", (next to something like "mark all forum content as read".).

I don't have an "unread content" box, or a "mark all forum content as read" box. The whole site is a bloody mess, and nothing works.This is supposed to be an improvement?

Edited by David Schweizer

3 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

I don't have an "unread content" box, or a "mark all forum content as read" box. The whole site is a bloody mess, and nothing works.This is supposed to be an improvement?

So, if you go to the page which is forum home (canalworld.net/forums) do you get a line like this at the top with boxes saying.....

Browse, Activities, Leaderboard (then at the right hand side)  Search

and underneath that line one with boxes starting

Forums, Chat, Member Map, etc, etc

If so, what is the first thing that you get to see on the right hand of your screen, immediately below where the search box is displayed.

9 minutes ago, RLWP said:

But... 'unread content' isn't the same as 'view new content', is it?

Richard

What you actually got to see when you clicked "View NewContent" in the old software was configurable by the user - hence people getting confused because it worked different ways for different people. (I used to confuse myself by inadvertently changing my settings when I didn't mean to!).

I assume "Unread content" is similar, but I haven't studied all the configuration options yet.

Perhaps if people spell out what they could do before, and think they can't now, somene will explain how to make it happen?

Edited by alan_fincher
Spelling

Thanks for the suggestions Alan, Unfortunately, I don't get any of those in Firefox.. not even a search box. I do get them in IE, and under them "unread content" and "mark as read"

We have tried it on a PC, a mini I Pad, and an android phone, None of them display "New Content"  And how do I get rid of those annoying bleeping sounds every time there is a new post? My computer is set on Silent