Chainsaws at the ready....Doris coming

matty40s

Featured Posts

OMG !!!

Sally Nugent on BBC news commented that snow in Scotland, described as 30-50mm deep was CAUSING THE TRAFFIC TO SLOW DOWN ! ohmy.pngohmy.png

Unlike Englandshire where a couple of flakes causes the entire country to come to a standstill, we know how to deal with it up here. That said, it's just raining here in Aberdeen but it is snowy inland.

Feels fairly serious gusts in Brum, on site for my first call out today, many more to come

Birmingham airport aviation met. report is giving gusts of 36kts (40 mph) but in the forecast for the middle of the day it is giving gusts up to 60kts (65mph or so) so it is going to get a lot worse! Hopefully it will blow through before tomorrow when we fly down to the boat.

Birmingham airport aviation met. report is giving gusts of 36kts (40 mph) but in the forecast for the middle of the day it is giving gusts up to 60kts (65mph or so) so it is going to get a lot worse! Hopefully it will blow through before tomorrow when we fly down to the boat.

Nick, get a couple of these and save on the air fare. biggrin.png

skydiving_suits_20.jpg

Unlike Englandshire where a couple of flakes causes the entire country to come to a standstill, we know how to deal with it up here. That said, it's just raining here in Aberdeen but it is snowy inland.

M80 in Scotland now closed due to a bit of slush.

There are a few birds braving the field behind our house in Nuneaton but once arrived they're preferring to walk around as opposed to flying. I saw half a dozen pigeons flying into the wind and with their wings flapping like the clappers they were still flying backwards at times. The magpies have remained earthbound and the gulls have stayed at home.

There are a few birds braving the field behind our house in Nuneaton but once arrived they're preferring to walk around as opposed to flying. I saw half a dozen pigeons flying into the wind and with their wings flapping like the clappers they were still flying backwards at times. The magpies have remained earthbound and the gulls have stayed at home.

Pigeons can fly surprisingly fast. One was flying about the same speed as my van the other day and glancing at the speedo it said almost 60mph. So probably 50mph in reality.

So for your pigeon, the windspeed was probably in excess of 50mph for it to have been flying backwards.

Just got back from a walk with the dog. Literally blowing a gale, with spots of stinging rain here in South Staffordshire.

Some gusts brought me to a halt.

Strangely, apart from moving their ears around a bit, the wind doesn't seem to affect a dogs ability to walk and run.

Pigeons can fly surprisingly fast. One was flying about the same speed as my van the other day and glancing at the speedo it said almost 60mph. So probably 50mph in reality.

So for your pigeon, the windspeed was probably in excess of 50mph for it to have been flying backwards.

Or it just couldn't be arsed?

Seriously though, fancier's birds are known as racing pigeons for a reason.

Just got back from a walk with the dog. Literally blowing a gale, with spots of stinging rain here in South Staffordshire.

Some gusts brought me to a halt.

Strangely, apart from moving their ears around a bit, the wind doesn't seem to affect a dogs ability to walk and run.

4 legs good, 2 legs bad.

Dont know what the gusts are getting up to but we have had some seriously big trees down

It probably was, the gusts were pretty fierce at the time.