Something the vendor isn't mentioning about this boat

David Mack

Featured Posts

Thank god the ugly pig is for sale.

It has been moored bankside by the industrial estate just outside Saxilby for the last 18 months.

Well yes, but your loss I'd about to be someone else's gain. Lyons heavy haulage have been paid to take the "ugly pig" somewhere!

Anyone take 7/4 on the Regents Canal?

There's something mighty peculiar going on at the stern too. The counter appears to be only 6" deep and there is no swim, rudder, propeller etc.

the ad says "Here we have a listing for my beloved 60ft barge. Firstly I will make it clear that this does NOT have an engine"

Isn't it one of those ex-Canaltime static holiday boats? There used to be quite a few of them moored in various marinas (e.g.Notts Castle) ten or so years ago. That would make sense of the "counter" which is in fact just a balcony.

Edited by Athy

Isn't it one of those ex-Canaltime static holiday boats? There used to be quite a few of them moored in various marinas (e.g.Notts Castle) ten or so years ago. That would make sense of the "counter" which is in fact just a balcony.

I would be disappointed if it was manufactured by a main stream boat builder.

From cruising past it you can tell that the quality of the steel work and welding is pretty poor.

Actually, the severely blunted front end might also make sense with an ex-Canaltime cruiser!

:D

Edited to add 'cruiser'

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Greenie 1

Actually, the severely blunted front end might also make sense with an ex-Canaltime cruiser!

biggrin.png

Edited to add 'cruiser'

Greeno for that - I remember seeing them trying to achieve this cosmetic restyling!

The Canaltime house boats where I am moored are much bigger and better equipped, and can go for as much as 60k these days I am told.

Thanks for that information - it's a long time since I saw one of their static boats.

It's obvious to me because it's night here and you lot haven't digested your coffee.you can see the boats too long for the lorry so easier to cut the front off Than the back. No pesky cables and stuff to re do.

Or maybe it had a bow thruster and he sliced the front off so as not to be 'outed'! ;)