Water point at Castlefield?

silverlode

Featured Posts

Hello! Could someone tell me where the water point in Castlefield is please? I read it was a 'no charge' one, does this mean no extra charge but I need a key? Is it literally just a tap? Sorry, new to this and have only filled up once at the marina I set off from.

All help is appreciated, thank you!

The water point at Castleford is adjacent to the lock on the Navigation cut side of the lock,(between the two locks) Facing the lock from this side it is on your left. There is, or was, a sanitary point as well.

Bob

Castleford's a long way from Castlefield!

The last time I was in Castlefield I filled up from a tap on the right under the railway arch. Didn't need a key. There may be one at the Sanitary station hut too, but others will know better.

Castleford's a long way from Castlefield!

The last time I was in Castlefield I filled up from a tap on the right under the railway arch. Didn't need a key. There may be one at the Sanitary station hut too, but others will know better.

oops!