- what do think about buying this boat?

Tobeboating

Featured Posts

You're not still looking at this, are you? Quite apart from the observations of others, an old survey valued this boat at 20-22k, so the vendor paid 24k because the previous owner thought it ought to be worth more. And now he wants at least his 24k back because, although there's a declared list of work as long as your arm (and there will be more), the same buyer is still convinced it's worth more. Are you sure you want to invest your own hard-earned cash into such a pyramid scheme?

(Only my opinion after looking at the advert and having no other knowledge of the boat or vendor of course, but you asked for our thoughts)

15 minutes ago, daisydreamer said:

We went to look at this boat and walked away. I read the survey and not only does the front 2/3rds need overplating but the rest of it has been done poorly. We total newbies but it semed overpriced to us

As total newbies you would get a good start to your education by driving up to Whilton Marina for a look around. Typically a hundred or two boats for sale all in the same place. Generally all overpriced (in my personal opinion) so don't get suckered by the estate agent style office staff into buying one. The advantage are twofold.

1) Nowhere else can you get to see so many boats for sale all in one place.

2) They give you the keys and let you look over the boats by yourself, and you take as long as you like. You may actually want to spend two days there as one isn't enough!

4 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

As total newbies you would get a good start to your education by driving up to Whilton Marina for a look around. Typically a hundred or two boats for sale all in the same place. Generally all overpriced (in my personal opinion) so don't get suckered by the estate agent style office staff into buying one. The advantage are twofold.

1) Nowhere else can you get to see so many boats for sale all in one place.

2) They give you the keys and let you look over the boats by yourself, and you take as long as you like. You may actually want to spend two days there as one isn't enough!

We did the same before commissioning our boat, it will also confirm what you don't want. Be prepared for some horrors and the downright weird.  An interesting day out though!