- what do think about buying this boat?

Tobeboating

Featured Posts

Hi all, looking at boats for a long time so many in my price range but must are rough to say the least, I think I might have found a good one but am never new to this all, looking to live aboard off grid . Honest review would really help me make up my mind on this one and I will be so grateful for your time. So here it is

https://m.apolloduck.com/display.phtml?aid=506096

Pathetic absence of photos is worrying!

And as often happens the seller seems to have an inflated opinion of what a great boat it is. In this case he may well be right though. £24k for a 1986 60ft boat is about right. No bargain but not a rip off either.

You asked for honesty.

Have you viewed e boat. There's no photos so the seller may or may not be hiding something. He's has stated he won't let it go for less than £24k. That to me would either set up a challenge or walk away.

In the kitchen he has mentioned 'a' tap. Are there two? It's an old boat. Please get your own survey. Don't rely on sellers comments.

Not sure how many you have looked at,but in my view keep looking. Others will be along soon to give differing advice.

Martyn

Attached photos,

@Alan I keep walking away ?

@watever please let me know we're to go to lower price or same with better spec please

@nightwatch not viewed as am 3hour drive away but would if I get it's worth the cash go and look. PS looked a hundred and keep going nag needs to much work or missing kit I want that this has.

@mine Tom and bed boat link or it way over my25k budget

If anyone has the cash it's worth trying - we can only say no☺ We are now only looking for people in a position to move forward quickly though.

We would still like to get more than the broker offer but unfortunately time is running out. It is slightly more than mtb says though☺

Edited by Tom and Bex

Is it? I thought they were looking for more than the broker offered- £19k or some such ludicrously low price.

£10k more than that - £29k (and worth every penny).

Oh... must read while thread before replying...

Summat looks strange -
In the first pic the boat is very blue, in the last the far side is green and in need on repainting. If you look at the last pic, the blue of the front deck is clearly blue AND the bicycle is in the same position as the first (so both taken at the same time?

Were TS engines commonly fitted to NBs (SR2/3s more usual). Charging batteries from either of these can be a challenge.
The cabin interior tumblehome seems quite wrong - more suited to a boat with cloths - but the outside is more 'normal'.

It doesn't look 'right' either at that price or any other....

Edited by OldGoat

Summat looks strange -

In the first pic the boat is very blue, in the last the far side is green and in need on repainting. If you look at the last pic, the blue of the front deck is clearly blue AND the bicycle is in the same position as the first (so both taken at the same time?

Outside paint is black/turquoise and some green. Needs work, and is in process.

I take that to mean they are repainting it turquoise, but if you believe the pictures, one side isn't done yet.

Never, ever, buy anything described by the seller as "well (or much) loved". Apart from it being lazy sales speak, why would anyone be selling a boat they truly love? According to Chaucer, Love conquers all.

Maybe they used to love it, but it's all over now...