Load connecting MPTT controller

wullie

Featured Posts

you said you have the solar up and running, so presumably the load connections are already connected to the batteries.

that is all you need to do.

EDIT:

just noticed Matty's comment.

I suppose it depends what type of MPPT controller the OP has, he hasn't told us.

my victron 75/15 has only 2 outgoing power terminals, marked 'batt', which in that case is the 'load'.

sorry if I confused the OP.

Edited by Murflynn

Depending on the model, the controller may have been designed for street lighting and it learns when it gets dark, and when it gets light and how long it is dark for by the panel voltage. It can then be programmed to turn on a light for a fixed number of hours either or both in the evening and in the morning etc.

Most people leave it disconnected.

My MPPT has the 'Load' connection. It is a 10A relay enabled when the Battery Voltage is GOOD, i.e. over 1.2v I think. I use it for powering a light as it is in a convenient place for that purpose.

Your connections should be +/- for Solar panel, +/- for Battery with an in-line fuse. The use of 'Load +/-' is optional but will have a limited power rating depending upon the rating of the internal relay.