izuzu 55hp service manual

Featured Posts

Murflynn .. to correct you .. HMI did not "drop it" Isuzu (Japan) stopped manufacture of that engine base due to worldwide emission regulations

At that point there was no other viable Isuzu based engine for the UK inland market

All three directors of the Marine division of HMI resigned and formed Engines Plus to market another viable alternative

they still have source on spares etc from Isuzu

Good guys and they talk the talk... well apart from Hedley ( sic) but that will cost me a pint no doubt

Chris

• Greenie 1

I have a 38hp Isuzu 4LC1. Mine has a total of three ID plates attached, mostly obscured by the air filter and other accessories. I managed to get some pics by careful positioning of a smartphone which then allowed me to read the plate, just.

In any case, the manual you need is the one linked to above. It is just a case of identifying which model you have and the specs are all there. Page 17 for model identification info. I think you have what you need in that you know it is the 4LE1.

I carried out a basic service (oil/fuel filters) yesterday on my engine, for the 3rd time in as many years. It is a pretty simple job even for novice like me. I recommend finding a good chandler who stock all the right parts (I use Wharfhouse narrowboats). This list

http://www.enginesplus.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/2015-dealer-list-Junev1.pdf

suggests that Aqua narrowboats might be closest to you.

Good luck.