Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Phil.

Grand Slam

Featured Posts

Seems like we have won it again.

Not yet we still have 3 matches to go.

I will be in Ireland for the finale ;)

Why would it matter?

Because if we get the grand slam England will have the longest unbeaten run in international rugby history Edited by Loddon

Not yet we still have 3 matches to go.

I will be in Ireland for the finale ;)Because if we get the grand slam England will have the longest unbeaten run in international rugby history

Lucky you. It should be a great game as that realistically, is the only team left to upset the party.

Wales were magnificent, and played on emotion, which is why I always felt we'd come good in the last 15 mins.

I hope Scotland can win in Paris tomorrow, but they'll really have to pull out all the stops to do it. The French looked like the France of old last week.

Of course if Scotland win in Paris tomorrow, suddenly the England v Scotland game looks very different.

Two weeks rest now, and I for one, need it!

Without doubt the finest rugby union competition in the world.

Who knows what'll happen, which is why it's so good.

Rog

Why would it matter

Cosmically speaking it doesn't no sporting event really does. Except that those that enjoy a game in any sport get involved and have fun. Lots (most?) of things any of us do have no real consequence in the greater scheme of things. These kind of sporting events lift our spirits at least for a while.

What did you do today that had any consequence beyond your own needs?

• Greenie 2

Why would it matter?

It is not essential to comment on every thread.

Oh sorry, didn't realise it was you, carry on.

In your case it is.

Rog

• Greenie 3

It is not essential to comment on every thread.

Oh sorry, didn't realise it was you, carry on.

In your case it is.

Rog

Que??

Cosmically speaking it doesn't no sporting event really does. Except that those that enjoy a game in any sport get involved and have fun. Lots (most?) of things any of us do have no real consequence in the greater scheme of things. These kind of sporting events lift our spirits at least for a while.

What did you do today that had any consequence beyond your own needs?

Today I reconnected and safety-checked a boiler for a family in Grays in Essex who were desperate to get the heating back on. Disconnected by Transco who fitted a new gas meter last week.

Gave up my Saturday for them.

What did YOU do today that has any consequence beyond your own needs?

Wales were magnificent, and played on emotion,

Don't they always? If England are not playing I'll always root for Wales because of their passionate approach to the game.

Today I reconnected and safety-checked a boiler for a family in Grays in Essex who were desperate to get the heating back on. Disconnected by Transco who fitted a new gas meter last week.

Double rates on Saturdays, or did you do it for free?

If not free then it was for your benefit not theirs.

• Greenie 1

I have seen better rugby matches, but not recently.

If not free then it was for your benefit not theirs.

If you had been that family on that cold day, you might have taken a different view.

What did YOU do today that has any consequence beyond your own needs?

In need to justify yourself? You should recognise a rhetorical question when it is asked.

I know what I did and that is all that I need anyone to know.

• Greenie 1

Lucky you. It should be a great game as that realistically, is the only team left to upset the party.

Really? Didn't the Jocks beat 'em in round 1?

Seriously, on England's current form, both the Jocks AND the Irish are capable of spoiling the party, we can't keep on just getting out of jail. My nerves won't stand it!

England didn't win - Wales just gave it away with that kick up the centre instead of kicking it 'out' and re-grouping.

Bad mistake.

Cost the game.

Spot on & unless England get it together, I can see us losing one or even both our last 2 tests in this competition

I was there

Welcome back John.

Trust you to get me watching a video for a while again....

Edited by matty40s

England didn't win - Wales just gave it away with that kick up the centre instead of kicking it 'out' and re-grouping.

Bad mistake.

Cost the game.

That is true, not the smartest clearance by Wales. Similarly the Wales try off the back of a scrum was because England faffed about in their 22 rather than clearing for touch, and then knocked it on. So I guess my point is that lots of scores you can attribute to a mistake by the opposition, but that does not take away from the quality of the pass and the break down the wing the got England the winning score, if either of those had been average they would not have scored.

That is true, not the smartest clearance by Wales. Similarly the Wales try off the back of a scrum was because England faffed about in their 22 rather than clearing for touch, and then knocked it on. So I guess my point is that lots of scores you can attribute to a mistake by the opposition, but that does not take away from the quality of the pass and the break down the wing the got England the winning score, if either of those had been average they would not have scored.

I agree sport is full of variables, games thankfully are not decided by the form book. The mistakes, odd bounces and plain luck (and the skill of course) make the twists and turns of the game exciting. Close games are often decided by a mistake or off-chance event sadly as a Welsh supporter it went England's way but in the end you can't argue with the scoreline. IT was a good game though.

It has been mentioned that the Welsh play on emotion. I would say differently and that the Welsh team play with passion or hywl (doesn't mean passion and is not entirely translatable but you could say a welshman with "the right stuff") not emotion.

Edited by churchward

I wasn't intending to watch the France v. Scotland game but am pleased that I did, though the match did rather go to sleep for a while early in the second half.

I reckon that France woz robbed - that disallowed try should have been awarded.

I wasn't intending to watch the France v. Scotland game but am pleased that I did, though the match did rather go to sleep for a while early in the second half.

I reckon that France woz robbed - that disallowed try should have been awarded.

Look at the record books, Mike, and I think you'll find the referee is always right.

Law 6(a) 4(a) states "The referee is the sole judge of fact and of law during a match". In other words, even if you and I clearly saw the ball grounded, but the referee says it wasn't, then it wasn't. Full stop.

Although personally I thought the French player lost control of the ball a fraction of a second before it was "grounded", so no try.

I agree sport is full of variables, games thankfully are not decided by the form book. The mistakes, odd bounces and plain luck (and the skill of course) make the twists and turns of the game exciting. Close games are often decided by a mistake or off-chance event sadly as a Welsh supporter it went England's way but in the end you can't argue with the scoreline. IT was a good game though.

It has been mentioned that the Welsh play on emotion. I would say differently and that the Welsh team play with passion or hywl (doesn't mean passion and is not entirely translatable but you could say a welshman with "the right stuff") not emotion.

Both teams played well, and they made it a superb game of Test rugby. to watch.

But the English played better: if anyone doesn't believe me, they should look at the final score, then remind themselves what the object of the game is.

The Italy-Ireland game was disappointing in that there seems to be nobody of the calibre of Parisse, Ghiraldini, Castrovaggio etc coming up. It would be a shame if the championship were to be decided on who puts the most points past Italy, but luckily it won't come to that.

Sign in to follow this