Underfloor Storage

Featured Posts

If it's really dry down there then I don't see any problem using it as a storage space. But I would avoid putting tinned food in the bilges. A friend of mine did that and lots of the tins blew. I think his bilges were a bit damp and tins should definitely not be stored in a damp environment - for products like canned fish it's potentially lethal.

• 4 years later...
On 11/02/2017 at 11:45, Athy said:

I find it pleasant with a cheese sauce, or as an accompaniment to lamb, but I can see that the flavour would not be to everyone's taste.

Chubby, that's a neat trick.

Athy, glad to see you have adopted a more appropriate avatar. On matters relating to broccoli one refers to, "Cubby."

3 hours ago, 36national said:

Athy, glad to see you have adopted a more appropriate avatar. ."

As I have never had an inappropriate one, I'm puzzled by this comment. But I'm pleased that you like steam trains.

On 11/02/2017 at 14:45, Athy said:

There's many a true word spoken in jest. Last year as I was carrying water from tap to boat, another boater expressed surprise at my choice of container, saying that he never saw them used for that purpose.

It was a "Buckby" water can. I wonder what everyone else uses theirs for.

On 11/02/2017 at 15:18, FadeToScarlet said:

Cans of fizzy pop in ice.

Untitled.png.591e870d10332c0a8dd4c183ce1e475f.png

“My” narrowboat captain has mentioned that approaching “last Orders” at the Greyhound the men boaters used to have their water cans filled with beer so they could carry on with their festivities after the pub was shut. The photo above of Martin is following a grand tradition. :D

Edited by Ray T