Coupling again

Featured Posts

Sorry, I'm being thick (or maybe I can't cope with such large numbers). Is £800 for the whole coupling or for the rubber insert?

Being quite bright, I can clarify for you.

Fenner have a minimum order quantity of two, at £800 each. So the OP will have to spend £1,600 with them to get the one he needs. He would have a spare though for next time it needs replacing.

There is hope on the horizon. A miracle has occurred and the yard have got the boat out of the water, unshipped the coupling and they reckon its not in as bad a staate as it looked. Going to have a look tomorrow and possibly just fill the bits we chopped out and replace it , this time with the right number of bolts.

There is hope on the horizon. A miracle has occurred and the yard have got the boat out of the water, unshipped the coupling and they reckon its not in as bad a staate as it looked. Going to have a look tomorrow and possibly just fill the bits we chopped out and replace it , this time with the right number of bolts.

Fingers crossed for you

If it does look OK, it's still got great gouges out where we chopped bits out to get to the bolts, which I'd like to fill. I was thinking Sikaflex or Marineflex?

I'd say those would be good, but clean the gouged surfaces first, white spirit would do. The warehouse called ''Range'' also do one called ''The Works'' which I've used and I'd swear its Sikaflex.

Edited by bizzard