Hyundai HY2000Si inverter generator

Featured Posts

As a broad generalisation when IGs display the OL light it usually means that the inverter has gone pop.

If you plug in a small lamp when starting the generator does it ever light up? My guess is that it won't and you need new electronics.

Edited for spillung

Edited by WotEver

As a broad generalisation when IGs display the OL light it usually means that the inverter has gone pop.

If you plug in a small lamp when starting the generator does it ever light up? My guess is that it won't and you need new electronics.

Edited for spillung

When the pilot light is first on there's power coming from the gen but as soon as the OL light comes on power fails, this is even when there's nothing connected...

When the pilot light is first on there's power coming from the gen but as soon as the OL light comes on power fails, this is even when there's nothing connected...

Then the good news is it might not be a serious fault. I'd guess you'll need a Hyundai service centre.

Hyundai have one service centre,it is their Factory in Wales

CT

Well that'll be board-replacement engineering then, like TV repair became. An electronics technician could probably fault trace to component level - it only sounds like a problem in the regulator feedback circuit to me. There again, sourcing a schematic might be a problem.

Well that'll be board-replacement engineering then, like TV repair became. An electronics technician could probably fault trace to component level - it only sounds like a problem in the regulator feedback circuit to me. There again, sourcing a schematic might be a problem.

A friend had trouble with a Hyundai 3600 ,He phoned them to ask the whereabouts of a Service Centre in Berks/Bucks Surrey area.

Rang the numbers given,they all did Hyundai garden Machinery but not Generator repairs.

Muggins fixed it,2 days to remove fuel and wiring anomalies

The friend lets me have frequent use of his Honda Transalp though,so I can cope !rolleyes.gif

CT

Generatorguru.com list an inverter module, it appears genpower.co.uk may be the main importers.

Quite pricey depending on which module...

https://www.generatorguru.com/inverter-module-65780673/

Loads of other spares - great site, Pete.

https://www.generatorguru.com/hy2000si/