Waterworld TV series 1998

Ray T

Featured Posts

Well done Ray, I must have missed this first time around.

Looking at all those people stuffed onto old coal boats regardless of DTI regs, and no life jackets.

Little cruisers with petrol outboards no secondary escape hatches and portable stoves ..... all without a single Safety Certificate in sight.

One can only assume they must have died in their hundreds on that day. Or perhaps common sense and personal responsibility were more embraced?

• Greenie 1

Looking at all those people stuffed onto old coal boats regardless of DTI regs, and no life jackets.

Little cruisers with petrol outboards no secondary escape hatches and portable stoves ..... all without a single Safety Certificate in sight.

One can only assume they must have died in their hundreds on that day. Or perhaps common sense and personal responsibility were more embraced?

Naahhh....

Nobody ever gets injured in petrol fires on boats.

Intrinsically safe fuel:

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/8203-two-men-taken-to-hospital-after-fire-broke-out-on-boat-at-sawley-bridge-marina/story-29590290-detail/story.html

At least one made it back out as I am still here to testify.

Sadly most of the contributors are no longer around to share their memories and wisdom.

We owe a great deal to them and other enthusiasts of that time without which there would be considerably less of the current network available for cruising.

Steve

if anyone is interested in specific episodes of waterworld as part of my search for ash and oak for @stagedamager i have managed to find 37 episodes..

Have you got the one with Zac and Caro showing off Victoria? One of the earlier ones I think.

as a non NB owner, thoroughly enjoyed watching that, now don't laugh as It made me think of a question to ask, after seeing the bit on the sea otter..... what would be the difference or complexity of having your steel NB recovered in ali ? I suppose the initial outlay would be high, but if you own a boat for a long time, how would that compare to having to blacken it every x amount of years or even replating

But if I remember rightly the Droitwich was passed off as the Rochdale, although physical restoration of the Rochdale hadn't started then.

Yes that was true, John Noakes didn't want to go in the mud but went, I think someone pushed him, also there was more than one shep, had to keep

a clean dog.

• 3 years later...
20 hours ago, Bodzac said:

@BuckbyLocks may be a long time since this post, but as the Zac in Zac and Caro I wondered if you still had a copy... would be good to look back on our time with Victoria... 

I will have to have a look Zac. I should have it somewhere in the pile of tapes. Will have a search for it and see if I can still watch it before I try and copy it.  I had to really work on the production team to get a free copy by asking for a fee for my appearance at the same cost of them trying to sell me one!

• 2 years later...
On 18/01/2021 at 15:14, BuckbyLocks said:

I will have to have a look Zac. I should have it somewhere in the pile of tapes. Will have a search for it and see if I can still watch it before I try and copy it.  I had to really work on the production team to get a free copy by asking for a fee for my appearance at the same cost of them trying to sell me one!

I know a lot of time has passed, but did you manage to find a copy @BuckbyLocks? I've been desperately searching for this episode for decades having watched it when it was first broadcast. I particularly remember it featuring the Anderton boat lift in its "unrestored" form.