Dunton Double Windlass

IanM

Featured Posts

How can you be an ex-Brummie? I was born in Birmingham. I can't become an ex-Brummie, nor would I want to. Brummies are salt of the Earth. Warm and generous people even if they do talk funny.

frusty.gif If you use nice shiny stainless steel jubilee clips they will match the polish of your windlass.

You were too subtle for me!

How can you be an ex-Brummie? I was born in Birmingham. I can't become an ex-Brummie, nor would I want to. Brummies are salt of the Earth. Warm and generous people even if they do talk funny.

I am not sure the lads who work for me would describe me as 'warm and generous', although they do think I 'talk funny' - but I think they 'talk funny'.

I left Birmingham in the summer of 1985, and do I miss it................................................er..........................................no captain.gif

Edited by pete harrison

I am not sure the lads who work for me would describe me as 'warm and generous', although they do think I 'talk funny' - but I think they 'talk funny'.

I left Birmingham in the summer of 1985, and do I miss it................................................er..........................................no captain.gif

Time for the old chestnut of a Joke:

"What's the best thing to come out of Birmingham?"

The A45 to Coventry.

Edited by Ray T

Still have good memories and would never deny my origins, but when I go back now, it does not feel the same. Where I now live has many "ex's" so I can still keep my funny talk and not be out of place. Much of my boating is on theBCN, but as you will know, most of that is not in Birmingham. We all rub along well together, but are proud of our individual heritage, and I still look for the results of the only team in Birmingham. Keep right on etc.

Eh? I think the website garbled what you wrote, "I am not sure the lads who work for me would definitely not describe me as...........................................

Hmmm, you obviously got in quick before I corrected the double negative captain.gif

edit = to bring us back on subject I also have a Dunton Double, but it has not seen any action for almost 10 years.

Edited by pete harrison

There is one in the bottom of lock 66 at Apsley !

How do I know !

Because my wife happened to drop it in there a couple of weeks ago. Wish I had thought of drilling it and inserting a steel pin! Tried fishing about with my keb but couldn't find it and just a bit TOO COLD for me to drop in and search it out. Will be pleased to think that someone will find it eventually.

But they are certainly nice, and having had it for the last ten years or so, I guess I already had my value out of it.

Still got my shorter one though, and will only let the wife use the steel cast one now!

Cheers. Mick

• 2 months later...
On 08/04/2017 at 15:04, Ray T said:

Those things are horrid. I see more and more people using them. Given the small point of contact it won't be long before all the spindles are chewed up.