Boater Les Biggs, NB Valerie has died

Wyn2joy

Featured Posts

Jaq,

It was so moving to read your account of the last days. It is very hard to record the passing of a loved one so eloquently. I know that the love that surrounded you will continue to provide comfort in the coming days. Please be mindful of your own need for care and rest now; I wish you well and keep us up to date with your progress, when you can.

Jill

I was so sorry to hear of Les' death and have tears in my eyes having read your wonderful words.

I feel we owe a lot to both of you for promoting compost toilets and helping us to get them accepted on canals. When Les turned up one day to buy one (for your birthday!) little did we realise what good promoters of them you would turn out to be.

Thank you and I hope the boating fraternity will look after you well in future.

• Greenie 1

Thank you Jill. I haev always considered myself one tough piece of Alaskan made gristle but I feel so fragile now, like a leaf on the wind. I am trying to take care of myself. I am so gratedul to be part of the boating community and not stuck in some house somehwere.

Hi Richard--I assume that is who you are if you are at HIllmorton/Canal Shop Man. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your post. The Airhead is one of the best things Les and I ever did. If we had stayed with a cassette loo when he fell ill, well we would have had to move to land. I could never have hoiked those bloody big, heavy things and the smell would have brought me to my knees. I am so very pleased we could promote composting loos as a practical boating solution.

The boating community is smashing and boaters are reaching out to me from all across the cut. I imagine they will continue to do so when I begin cruisig as single hander.

Dharl,

Many thanks for your kind words and virtual hugs.

Jaq

Jac,

Please accept my sincere condolences.

I have never met either Les or you, but find your attitude and composure in this most difficult of times and inspiration.

God bless.

Edited by cuthound