Water Tank Level Indicator

jddevel

Featured Posts

What type of toilet you having? If it's a pump out and the tank for that is too one side you could separate those tanks and have individual pumps on them so you could keep the boat level.

I am using a cassette loo, easier and less water is used. The tanks have a balance pipe fitted to help with the self leveling of the boat.

I am using a cassette loo, easier and less water is used. The tanks have a balance pipe fitted to help with the self leveling of the boat.

That's okay then. For others that read this when installing a pump out and the tank is too one side of the boat you can use a fresh water tank on the same side, when you empty one, you fill the other so the trim of the boat is not effected.

That's okay then. For others that read this when installing a pump out and the tank is too one side of the boat you can use a fresh water tank on the same side, when you empty one, you fill the other so the trim of the boat is not effected.

Well my water tank is on the centre line, but the poo tank goes right to one side, so I have some 56lb weights which I move across the boat as the poo tank fills. As to balancing it against the water tank, well I fill the water tank probably 20 times to the poo tank once.

Well my water tank is on the centre line, but the poo tank goes right to one side, so I have some 56lb weights which I move across the boat as the poo tank fills. As to balancing it against the water tank, well I fill the water tank probably 20 times to the poo tank once.

You use a dedicated water tank that's roughly half the size of the pump out tank.

I watch my rear fender - when the little hooky thing beneath it , where the chain goes gets close to the water i know i need to fill up soon .

Not remotely technical , doesn t need wiring in , doesnt need cutting a space in the cabin to be fitted into , nor does it need me to spend unnecessarily , nor will it lead in depth technical discussions about the merits of one meter over another .

So a crap method really , except that it works

cheers

Yeah, I got me one of them too.

Phil