Maestermyn Cruisers Sale

Mendip-Locks

Featured Posts

I see 12 adverts of their boats on boats and outboards. Not good adverts as all have one photo and all say prices from £14,000. Seller noted as Sav75 and phone number 01522 789191

Here

http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/view-trader/sav75/141251?page=2

I've made an enquiry but anyone know anything?

Ade

Looks like Maestermyn have failed.

Companies House shows MAESTERMYN (HIRE CRUISERS) LIMITED in administration since 16 December 2016, and a new company MAESTERMYN BOAT HIRE LIMITED established on 5 December. The Directors of the old and new companies all share the same surname, so it looks as if the sons have taken over from their parents.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01183497/officers

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10510217

The old company is now being run by administrators, who I guess are behind the sale of the fleet.

Maestermyns' old website at http://canalholidayinaboat.co.uk/ has been suspended, and their link on Hoseasons also shows not found.

Something doesn't quite add up here to me. We have what looks like a "pre-pack" administration, where a new company (run by members of the same family as the old?) is looking to be in the same line of business, minus whatever debts the old company had. So far, sharp practice but common and legal.

Then the administrators put these 12 boats up for sale, all advertised at "£14,000 prices from" although some at least would appear to be worth a lot more than that. Only one photo of each boat, in some cases of a different boat because the same photo's been used twice!

It's as if the sales effort is not entirely serious. Almost as if the administrators may be thinking of failing in their duty to the creditors to realise the best possible return upon the assets, and the phoenix company might end up buying them for less than they're worth? Am I being over suspicious?

Hard to say I always found them to be decent people to deal with. IT MAY well be that the original directors who appear to be in there eighties have decided to call it a day and are now passing it on under a new name. Time will tell.

As I said always found them decent people to deal with so hope all is well

I am on the market looking to buy. When I saw this I stopped and scratched my head. Same as you guys, I immediately thought steer clear, and having read your post, I haven't changed my mind.

If something looks to good to be true.....

I am on the market looking to buy. When I saw this I stopped and scratched my head. Same as you guys, I immediately thought steer clear, and having read your post, I haven't changed my mind.

If something looks to good to be true.....

It isn't necessarily a bad thing if the charge is still in place then all you need do is check with the charge holder that they are aware of the sale and they are happy for it to go through, all the charge holder may want to do is to realise some capital from the charge in this case you could pick up a very good bargain.

Looking it this a bit further there are a few charges out on a few boats to Hoseasons aka WYNDHAM VACATION RENTALS (UK) LTD you can find this information on Companies House.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01183497/filing-history

Edited to add link

Edited by I Spartacus

It's always sad when a business fails but after my experience with Maestermyn, I am not surprised.

We stopped there two years ago to buy smokeless fuel. They had plenty in stock. Their response was "We only sell to our moorers"

Frankly, they didn't look as if they could be bothered. Not a shrewd business move in my opinion.

We turned in their winding point, and cruised back up to Chirk marina, who were really friendly. They also sold us some very good fuel at a very good price.

It's always sad when a business fails but after my experience with Maestermyn, I am not surprised.

We stopped there two years ago to buy smokeless fuel. They had plenty in stock. Their response was "We only sell to our moorers"

Frankly, they didn't look as if they could be bothered. Not a shrewd business move in my opinion.

We turned in their winding point, and cruised back up to Chirk marina, who were really friendly. They also sold us some very good fuel at a very good price.

The moorings must be bringing in £50K a year I don't know how much they have to pay out on that to CRT Council etc. Does the note mean they have owed BW money since 2008?

I had quite the opposite experience last summer when calling in one Sunday seeking a pump out only to find they were closed. Nice chap opened the office, did me a pump out and then welcomed me to stay overnight on their service mooring providing I could be clear next morning before they started their turnarounds. The vessels of the hireboat fleet moored close by looked well presented and well cared for.

I heard that a chap was looking round a boat for sale and wondered why it had a large black leather seat in the saloon. He asked the man from the boatyard whether this would come with the boat.

"Of course, Sir", came the reply, "that's the Maestermyn Chair".

This Saturday for viewings unfortunately I'm away on Exmoor for the weekend the reply to my email pasted below,

The message you sent was replied by the advertiser.

Business: SAV75

Business reply:

Thank you for your enquiry. \r\n\r\nAll the boats have been advertised with a starting price of £14,000 as we are holding a viewing afternoon fr om 1pm on Saturday 28th January if you would like to attend you are welcome. \r\n\r\nThe boats that are in the sizing range you specified are:\r\nMegan - 35ft\r\nRomantic Lady - 48ft\r\nRomantic Princess - 48ft\r\nKerry - 41ft\r\nPeeress - 45ft\r\nCountess - 55ft\r\nCountess 2 - 55ft\r\nChribury - 57ft\r\nNerys - 56ft\r\n\r\nKind regards\r\n

Your message:

Can you give me some more information on the 12 Narrowboats you have for sale? I'm after one 57 ft or less. What are the actual prices of these please? Cheers Adrian

Best regards,

The boatsandoutboards Team

Need more info? Email info@boatsandoutboards.co.uk

I have also spotted these and received a reply to an enquiry.

Unfortunately no hope of getting up there on Saturday but I did get this reply.

Hi Saul, Please find attached the photograph requested for Kerry, I only have the internal layout. You are welcome to attend the viewing afternoon on Saturday 28th January from 1pm where you will be able to view the boat. She is a 41st 4 berth boat (1 make-up double and 2 single bunks). If you require any further information please don't hesitate to contact us. Kind regards Kerry [swindells Logo] The Diaries, Brant Broughton, Lincolnshire LN5 0RW Tel : 01522 789191 E-Mail : boatenquiries@swindellsauctioneers.com

Looks like they are being sold by an auctioneer so the £14000 price might just be an opening bid price.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...