Ice on GU/Oxford?

Tigerr

Featured Posts

These reduced time limits are unlawful in the first place, 14 days was set by statute in 1995, and that has not changed, if it has please link me to the amendment to the 95 act ?, so while its good of them to follow the law in the winter, I'd rather they followed it all year personally.

Then do something about it, get so bored of people moaning about CRT on here but never actually do anything, start a crowd fund and take them to court.

If you dont want to then accept the laws/rules and enjoy boating!

Then do something about it, get so bored of people moaning about CRT on here but never actually do anything, start a crowd fund and take them to court.

If you dont want to then accept the laws/rules and enjoy boating!

You don't know what I'm doing about it, I am actually doing all I can about it, I have challenged CRT via freedom of information requests, and made some progress, but now my email is blacklisted by CaRT and is rerouted to one enforcement supervisor, so now I cannot contact any member of staff directly and discuss any issues I may have, every reply is filtered and they refuse to discuss legal issues, though all my correspondence has been polite and reasonable.

What you are proposing is not as easy as you make out, a proper legal challenge requires a huge amount of work, I can only be honest that I don't have the skills, funds or time to lead a crowd funded judicial review.

If you don't like my posts please block them. If you don't like legal issues please do not click on them and read them.

If you don't like my posts please block them. If you don't like legal issues please do not click on them and read them.

This thread is not a legal thread,its about ice on the GU, maybe start a new thread and discuss what you are doing.

Turning threads into legal argument's is a bit tedious.

If you don't like my posts please block them.

Done!

I used to have you blocked when you posted as bassplayer and your arguments are as illogical and nonsensical as ever.

And I'm not surprised to hear CRT have stopped you wasting general staff time with your constant stream of twaddle by getting an enforcement bod to filter it.

Back on track. Left our marina today for a trip. There was some Ice between the marina and Calcutt Bottom lock. But then none to Hillmorton. I would guess it has all gone now.

On the positive side all the foliage on the tow path side of the Barby Straight has been hacked back, The Hillmorton Locks paddle gear has been well greased and was easy to use.

A slight digression, it is the first time I have been past Barby Pools Marina since work was started and I was surprised at its size, it is huge!

You must be up somewhere near me at the moment then at Brownsover Park in Rugby. Yes I agree I didn't realise just how big Barby Pools Marina is going to be.

On the subject of ice, slight surprise this morning to find a thin layer of ice on the canal as I didn't think last night was that cold, soon thawed thoughbiggrin.png

Done!

I used to have you blocked when you posted as bassplayer and your arguments are as illogical and nonsensical as ever.

And I'm not surprised to hear CRT have stopped you wasting general staff time with your constant stream of twaddle by getting an enforcement bod to filter it.

Goodbye.

Yes goodbye to him, not me.

Probably explains why there is a whole thread about him on another boating forum that we dare not mention, that is less than complimentary.

That doesn't say anything at all really does it? We have a 'whole thread' on this forum about a peacock reunited with it's owner (it contains 1 posthuh.png), we have another whole thread called 'Just for fun- the word game' which contains 18,000 posts,I suppose that the one you refer to has something between the twounsure.png . Either way I wouldn't think MtB is even slightly bothered (I wouldn't be!)

Edited by Wanderer Vagabond
  • Greenie 2

Not something I've noticed happening. As Nick says, people get banned for breaching the forum rules, not for holding an opinion which diverges from mine or anyone else's.

In addition it is people who get banned, not usernames, so I understand. Registering a fresh username (as bassplayer did with biggles47, and probably RobertBrooks) in order to continue posting here tends to get uncovered eventually so when RobertBrooks gets banned, it won't be for disagreeing with me despite what you think. It will be for registering a doppel.

Looks like you are wrong.

Edited by rowland al

True but many warning points given for humour.

Phil

But not for calling someone you've never met and, possibly, mistaken for someone else, a 'repulsive oaf'.

No further comment - I'll only get banned again.

Edited by Athy
Edited to remove personal insult.

But not for calling someone you've never met and, possibly, mistaken for someone else, a 'repulsive oaf'.

No further comment - I'll only get banned again.

Sorry, what did you get banned for last time?huh.png

Edited by Athy
Edited to tie in with edit to post no. 90.

Thanks for the helpful ice related posts chaps. Set off late PM on Sunday in drizzle, and made it up to the top of the flight above Wilton in the pitch dark solid rain. That was quite an adventure! Jolly cold and very very wet indeed by mooring time - and the pub kitchen closed for the night! Anyway got right over to Fenny Compton for Pies and Pints yesterday and hit Cropredy by midday today - really good travelling considering the weather.

Back home now, job well done.

• 2 months later...
On 1/29/2017 at 21:42, Wanderer Vagabond said:

You must be up somewhere near me at the moment then at Brownsover Park in Rugby. Yes I agree I didn't realise just how big Barby Pools Marina is going to be.

On the subject of ice, slight surprise this morning to find a thin layer of ice on the canal as I didn't think last night was that cold, soon thawed thoughbiggrin.png

Came past yesterday. Apparently its "official" name is Dunchurch Pools.

DSCF3254.JPG

DSCF3253.JPG