Fuelguard

Featured Posts

I fitted one of these when they first came out a few years ago, suffered comments on how useful they are etc.
Anyway it turns out they work really well mine has just blocked up solid engine and whispergen wouldnt run anymore so I cleaned it soapy water quick rinse and back on again engine has gained a few revs and no doubt whispergen will be better to.
They both have separate filters but it makes sense to have a filter that you can see and know if an issue is happening and as it is straight out of the tank it protects pumps and allows a longer life to the other filters.

more info here on Justin Green's website. He's a well-known surveyor in the Braunston area.

About £200 plus fitting!

http://www.jgmarinesurveys.co.uk/fuel-guard/

Fuel-guard.co.uk website is just a place holder at present. Possibly because it's now being sold, on eBay, under the Holt brand name.

Edited by mross

There are many compliant filter separators available and they are worth fitting, but if acomprehensive service is carried out regularly, you do not need to be able to see it is clogged. But then, many peoples maintenance is done on a reactive basis rather than proactive. Reactive is fine, until you are on a flowing river and the engine stops.

The problem is if you get dieselbug a service one month will still equate to engine stopping next, with this I get to see it at the end of every journey when I screw the stern greaser up. Its visual and it does prolong the service interval on the main filters as well.

Mine was £125 when they first came out a few years ago, its worth that to me as I am always on rivers so caution is needed

The problem is if you get dieselbug a service one month will still equate to engine stopping next, with this I get to see it at the end of every journey when I screw the stern greaser up. Its visual and it does prolong the service interval on the main filters as well.

Mine was £125 when they first came out a few years ago, its worth that to me as I am always on rivers so caution is needed

The problem I had with this filter is keeping it primed with fuel full in the bowl. I am led to believe that a non return valve on the fuel line might sort this but have yet to fit it.

The problem I had with this filter is keeping it primed with fuel full in the bowl. I am led to believe that a non return valve on the fuel line might sort this but have yet to fit it.

Mine seems alright but I have an electric pump maybe that helps also I do keep the tank full again maybe that helps

And yet it still stopped your engine? So how quickly does it clog up?

I cant remember when I last cleaned it more than likely last year on service, but the advantage is that it is cleanable without it I would have been changing a filter because it would have been clogged.

Its just that I did not have a pre lift pump filter [barrus shire common fault] so I decided to add this rather than another element type filter, whilst more expensive it is a visable filter plus you can see water present [new ones have a water alarm] plus you can see if diesel bug is present.

I cant remember when I last cleaned it more than likely last year on service, but the advantage is that it is cleanable without it I would have been changing a filter because it would have been clogged.

Its just that I did not have a pre lift pump filter [barrus shire common fault] so I decided to add this rather than another element type filter, whilst more expensive it is a visable filter plus you can see water present [new ones have a water alarm] plus you can see if diesel bug is present.

Thanks. I guess you really have to check it every day to be sure it isn't clogging. My Vetus has two filters, plus another standard fuel filter before. I have had it clog up with black gunge, but normally I can tell by the sound of the engine when it is starting to happen.