Looking for a designer

Featured Posts

Hello all, could anyone point me the the direction of a narrowboat interior designer, I'm going to have

A boat built and would like an expert to do the, calculations and placement of the items I need in the boat.

I have a rough idea but would like a plan to submit to the builder.

Many thanks

I would think a rough idea is all your builder will need. They all have their own ideas and ways to complete the work. All you will need is to tell them what you want and any good builder will walk you through the design process.

If you want to help, get some squared paper and plan a few different ideas yourself.

If you are computer savvy, download 'Google Sketchup' and play around with a few 3D ideas.

You could also go to a picture framers and ask for some off-cuts of mounting card and make a simple model.

All part of the joy of designing a new boat.

Kevin

Hello all, could anyone point me the the direction of a narrowboat interior designer, I'm going to have

A boat built and would like an expert to do the, calculations and placement of the items I need in the boat.

Many thanks

Ally, who is a member here, did some design work for me. It was exactly what I needed and asked for and was at a very reasonable price. I am not sure if she still offers the service but might be worth talking to.

Frank.

Many thanks

We planned our own interior, just asked the boat builder the internal dimensions and went from there by putting it on graph paper.

We just told the boat builder what we wanted I. E dinette, galley, crossover bathroom ,separate loo , crossover bed ,bubble stove, freezer , washing machine , cruiser stern in 62ft .... and they designed the interior and sent us the blue prints , we fiddled with them a bit , then they fiddled with them a bit more .... then we had our boat . Bunny

Edited by Bunny

Hmmm, fairly tied up these days but I could potentially help, but to be honest, your boat builder should be able to do it for you within the cost of the build. It was a free service we always gave, and they have the edge knowing their build style and technique abilities. Have you chosen your builder? I see no real reason for you to have to pay out separately for such a service. Often I would create the designs based on a VERY rough sketch on a scrap of paper from a future customer, then we'd meet and adjust plans accordingly, or not, if I'd got it spot on first time. I think we only had one customer who brought a full plan, though that was also adjusted slightly during discussions. I'm sure any builder worth their salt will prefer to work on this with you really, as it gives prompts as to other specification details you will need to agree with them.

Thank you for the votes of confidence! :)

Edited by Ally
  • Greenie 1