Anderson Boats?

Featured Posts

Hi guys.

Just wondering if anyone knew anything about Anderson Boats. Im going to view this 50ft cruiser later on today.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/boats-kayaks-jet-skis/50-anderson-boats-cruiser-stern-narrowboat-/1208028099

I found this online http://www.andersenboats.com

So I'm assuming they are a hire company and this boat was an ex hire sometime ago. The advert says very little about the boat so I'm hoping to get some more info when i visit it.

Hired a boat with them with family back in 2002. They are an established, reputable company. They are a hire company who build their own boats so as you suspected, this is most likely an ex-hire boat.

The boat you linked to looks much older than the one we went on which was probably built in the mid to late 90s.

I remember seeing an article in one of the waterways magazines a few years ago.

Anderson were branching out into boatbuilding. They claimed their private boats benefitted from pumps and bits being easy to access for maintenance - things that are essential for a hire fleet.

as complete novices the first boat we ever hired was from Anderson's ... it was from memory a 70' ... bad enough for beginners but it was brand new ... never been out on hire before .. were we nervous or what... and don't mention the weather .. I can remember doing Middlewich locks in the snow... Saying that the boat ws beautiful and everyone we have seen since as been well built and well maintained. Good luck with it