What distances from your boat?

sal garfi

Featured Posts

For us it's up the A34 then the M4 from Bicester to Gaydon junction then cross country to the Napton area.

It's 50 miles and about 65 minutes in normal conditions.

It's far enough from home to feel like we've properly gone away but close enough to be happy to go to the boat for a few days once a month in winter and more often, and for longer, at other times. We've now been 25 times in the 18 months of ownership.

We did think of mooring at Cropredy when we bought the boat, as that would have been only about half an hour or so, but I'm glad we didn't as we love the marina we chose and we have much better cruising options.

About a mile and a half, about two kilometers, 5 mins in car, half hour walk. Hope that's clear, for the pedants. ?

Then the work starts, locks either way, being moored at the top of the hill.

About a mile and a half, about two kilometers, 5 mins in car, half hour walk. Hope that's clear, for the pedants.

Then the work starts, locks either way, being moored at the top of the hill.

How long does it take on a bicycle?

wink.png

I once cycled to melbourne airport from home 180 Kms flew to birmingham put the bike together and rode to the boat at Stockton. Wasn't a bad trip except for forgetting the boat key. Since then there's a hidden key in the uk. Worst bit was getting up the next day cycling to the store to discover the radiator on the car had burst while we were in Australia.

Why fly to Edinburgh. From nz when the boats in Peterborough. I'd go to Sydney or Melbourne then birmingham

I once cycled to melbourne airport from home 180 Kms flew to birmingham put the bike together and rode to the boat at Stockton. Wasn't a bad trip except for forgetting the boat key. Since then there's a hidden key in the uk. Worst bit was getting up the next day cycling to the store to discover the radiator on the car had burst while we were in Australia.

Why fly to Edinburgh. From nz when the boats in Peterborough. I'd go to Sydney or Melbourne then birmingham

Direct flight to Doha from Auckland - 18 and a half hours - then direct to Edinburgh because the mother in law lives in Peebles and we'll stop there before the return flight. Works for us because of minimum stopovers even though the first flight is a bit epic....