I need to replace side hatch linings

Featured Posts

Not to hijack your thread EssBee but....... does anybody know of a good [solvent?] way to soften up the adhesive that holds them on, as far as i can tell mine were stuck on with something like marine flex/sika flex, or any tips would be appreciated. cheers, Paul.

DSC_0005_3_zpswugpuxao.jpg

I removed the old one by use of a wide bolster chisel carefully starting at the base and working up. My old ones had some rot at the bottom of each one. They were fixed by an early 1980s version of some Sikaflex type glue.

We have had four new steel hatches fabricated because of severe rust round the lower edges and round the hinges.

I am going to attempt the castles in a Polesworth style to match others in the boat. I am no artist so copying others is easier.

A book and video by the painter Tony Lewery is being very helpful. Wrights of Lymn have been a source of scumbling materials.