Size of fuel line from tank to Honda 15 Outboard, square top version ?

RD1

Featured Posts

Hi, the fuel line on my Honda 15 outboard, square top version needs a new fuel hose with primer bulb.

Does anyone know the id, internal diameter ? options are 6mm 8mm or 10mm. To me it looks like 8mm, but I am unsure.

I don't want to strip the current line down just yet, as it is still serviceable with no leaks.

Many thanks,

Richard

The fuel line on my outboard tank is 8mm. I have had several different fittings on it according to whatever outboard I was using it for at that time. None of them were a Honda I will admit- but in many years of fiddling I cannot ever remember a fitting that didnt fit any standard fuel line.Too be fair I have never thought about the internal diameter of one either! If I remember I will look at one tomorrow - just to satisfy my own curiousity if nothing else :-)

Thanks for that, I might carefully trim the pipe on the other side of the crimped hose clamp, and see if I can get my vernier in.

I too think it's 8 mm though.

Richard

Edited by RD1

Hi RD1

I have had a number of Honda outboards over the years and they have all had 8mm fittings on the tank and the fuel connector to the engine,

Neil..

Thanks Neil, I think I will accept it as 8 mm then.

Thanks.

Richard