Hot Bulb Quiz - £20 prize

zenataomm

Featured Posts

15 out of 20 Some of the questions are a bit odd like the rpm one im sorry but most vintage diesels have very low rpm compared to more modern stuff when comparing eras. But hay ho better than 1

Yes that's one I got wrong. It asked about speed in comparison to a vintage diesel then gave the correct answer comparing it to a modern diesel doing 2,000rpm!

We was robbed!

Yes that's one I got wrong. It asked about speed in comparison to a vintage diesel then gave the correct answer comparing it to a modern diesel doing 2,000rpm!

We was robbed!

Likewise, the steam engine questions are probably based on steam car technology. By the end of the 1800s steam engines were very sophisticated indeed. Not according to the quiz though

How did you get on with the vertical/horizontal location question?

Richard

Likewise, the steam engine questions are probably based on steam car technology. By the end of the 1800s steam engines were very sophisticated indeed. Not according to the quiz though

Richard

Got it right, but only by eliminating the two even less credible options!

Found myself just guessing at some though, as I got irritated by the randomness of the reasoning.

Got it right, but only by eliminating the two even less credible options!

Found myself just guessing at some though, as I got irritated by the randomness of the reasoning.

I got it right too. So, a Bolinder has a bulb vertically on top of the head, your engine in Reg has a hot plug horizontally in the side of the head - what's the right answer?

Richard

Likewise, the steam engine questions are probably based on steam car technology. By the end of the 1800s steam engines were very sophisticated indeed.

Yes and had we not invented electricity at that point, the fantasy world of steam-punk might have been the direction our civilisation developed in. This was the basic premise of steam-punk as explained to me 20 years ago by an early protagonist.

I got it right too. So, a Bolinder has a bulb vertically on top of the head, your engine in Reg has a hot plug horizontally in the side of the head - what's the right answer?

Richard

Can't remember! I dismissed it as all three answer options made no sense!

I think it was 'at the front' or something like that.

Yes and had we not invented electricity at that point,

At that point....

That'll be the electricity the Lenoir used in his commercial spark ignition internal combustion engine in 1858 then

Lenoir_Motor_2.jpg

Knowing stuff has been a disadvantage in this quiz. And not being American (gas engines) and not considering this as a 'car' quiz

Richard

Richard

I went on bolinder location. So horizontal but some are half and half.

But i got the one about the head wrong as bolinders arnt the answer they gave as they have 2 fins on the inside of the head unlike others.

Edited by billybobbooth

It's merkin innit. Some knowledge of the early pennsylvanian oil field engines helps but other answers are, as noted either wrong or ambiguous.

Their gas turbine and car engine "quizzes" are pretty much as bad.

Wonder if zen has had many £50 notes yet ? Lol

N

????????????????

smile.png

Well. A flash bulb means very short exposures

A pneumatic shutter release is a bulb, and you can use it to manually open and close the shutter for long exposures

So - that's OK. Or at least as clear as the quiz, anyway

Richard