The Recreational Craft Directive (RCD)

Featured Posts

Ray, I just bought one from ebay as a result of this thread for £29.99 - search for "5 step ladder boat yacht"

Thanks just purchased the last one

Ray

Edit to say the seller marinescene price on their website is £47 long live ebay

Edited by raymondh

Yes - I had seen them at £29.99 and them 'pull out of the tube' at about £34 (£40+ in some places)

Alan, thanks very much for posting that in the first place. As you know I am in Limehouse marina and whilst I am aware of the nearest official exit point ladder to my pontoon it is a good swim around a long dutch barge to get to. I've only heard anecdotal evidence of how hard it is to get out onto a pontoon from the water whilst fully clothed and even worse so in particularly cold weather. I'll put one on the stern between myself and the neighbour as a precaution.

Alan, thanks very much for posting that in the first place. As you know I am in Limehouse marina and whilst I am aware of the nearest official exit point ladder to my pontoon it is a good swim around a long dutch barge to get to. I've only heard anecdotal evidence of how hard it is to get out onto a pontoon from the water whilst fully clothed and even worse so in particularly cold weather. I'll put one on the stern between myself and the neighbour as a precaution.

Better to have one and not need it, rather than need it and not have one !!

• Greenie 1