Real narrowboat living battle with CRT

narrowboatham

Featured Posts

And who makes this observation then if it isn't a third party? And I would suggest that to say that someone is guilty might be construed as judgemental.....perhaps,no?rolleyes.gif

She might have made the observation herself. No court involved. No jury. No third party. She was guilty of taking the more pleasurable and irresponsible option ;)

You beat me to it! (I had been concentrating on the England v. India cricket match on the radio). England are doing well, so I feel cheerful (adjective).

I had a very good mate called Ian who could actualy also listen to cricket on the radio. I could not begin to comprehend it as its too boring to watch live or on tv so the radio.........ohmy.png

I had a very good mate called Ian who could actualy also listen to cricket on the radio. I could not begin to comprehend it as its too boring to watch live or on tv so the radio.........ohmy.png

All sport is boring unless you understand the politics behind the competitors and the niceties of the scoring.

All sport is boring unless you understand the politics behind the competitors and the niceties of the scoring.

Politics....POLITICS.................surely not Mike isnt cricket like Football? Nothing at all to do with Politics OR Money....heaven forbid!!

Politics....POLITICS.................surely not Mike isnt cricket like Football? Nothing at all to do with Politics OR Money....heaven forbid!!

Yes it is. Peeps who enjoy FB seem to spend a lot of time discussing the team members and which teams they previously played for. And the managers. And the history of scores the previous times they met.

With cricket, assessing the likelihood of one's team recovering and winning is quite sublime as there are SO many factors to consider and weigh.

Can you give an example then of where 'Guilty' isn't either a decision made by a tribunal of some sort, or the incorrect usage of the word guilt?

You just did it for yourself...

Which rather goes back to post #94 does it not "...She said she was guilty ' might have been a better example...."?

I would consider Test Match Special to be one the joys of the English Summer . Listening to the likes of Phil Tufnell , Henry Blomfield , Aggers & of course Boycott is the BBC at its best & long may it continue .

Its better than telly for me as you don t have to pay so much attention , you can usually have a nice afternoon nap & listen to the commentators going off piste & talking about someone in the crowd who s caught thier attention or paying great compliments about a cake thats been delivered or reminiscing about a great innings or bowling performance from days long since past .

Boycott may for instance talk of an innings made in 1963 by a great West Indian batsman and even tho you ve no idea what he s on about ( im too young ) its enjoyable as he speaks with such a passion & his knowledge of the game is undeniable .

You either " get it " or you dont but for me its an opportnity to completely switch my brain off & just totally relax .

Edited by chubby
  • Greenie 4

I would consider Test Match Special to be one the joys of the English Summer . Listening to the likes of Phil Tufnell , Henry Blomfield , Aggers & of course Boycott is the BBC at its best & long may it continue .

Its better than telly for me as you don t have to pay so much attention , you can usually have a nice afternoon nap & listen to the commentators going off piste & talking about someone in the crowd who s caught thier attention or paying great compliments about a cake thats been delivered or reminiscing about a great innings or bowling performance from days long since past .

Boycott may for instance talk of an innings made in 1963 by a great West Indian batsman and even tho you ve no idea what he s on about ( im too young ) its enjoyable as he speaks with such a passion & his knowledge of the game is undeniable .

You either " get it " or you dont but for me its an opportnity to completely switch my brain off & just totally relax .

I'm tempted to give you several greenoes but I'll stick at one. Lest we forget, TMS has been frequently on the radio during the winter, as we followed England's triumphant progress* through Bangla Desh and India. They are currently broadcasting the one-day internationals which we are busy losing to India.

*There may be a mistake here.

I'm tempted to give you several greenoes but I'll stick at one. Lest we forget, TMS has been frequently on the radio during the winter, as we followed England's triumphant progress* through Bangla Desh and India. They are currently broadcasting the one-day internationals which we are busy losing to India.

*There may be a mistake here.

Another vote for TMS and cricket generally.

• 2 weeks later...

So this woman lives on a pedal powered narrowboat because she doesn't believe in dirty polluting Diesel engines; she complains that CRT say she isn't moving far enough, hardly surprising with a pedal powered boat!

Her child (inexplicably named Cub) is home schooled so their doesn't seem to be a reason to stay in one place. She gets fed up and sells the boat to move into a van which is no doubt has a Diesel engine.

So is she going to remove the van engine and covert it to pedal power?

Or if Diesel engines aren't actually that bad why didn't she put one in the boat and move the bloody thing?

• Greenie 4

So this woman lives on a pedal powered narrowboat because she doesn't believe in dirty polluting Diesel engines; she complains that CRT say she isn't moving far enough, hardly surprising with a pedal powered boat!

Her child (inexplicably named Cub) is home schooled so their doesn't seem to be a reason to stay in one place. She gets fed up and sells the boat to move into a van which is no doubt has a Diesel engine.

Or if Diesel engines aren't actually that bad why didn't she put one in the boat and move the bloody thing?

You'll be desperate then to see some further instalments of 'living on the K&A' where (some) other boaters face similar harassment from C&RT

Greenie.

You'll be desperate then to see some further instalments of 'living on the K&A' where (some) other boaters face similar harassment from C&RT

There is a new trend I've noticed which is, once it gathers some momentum, going to cause CRT some headaches in the future I suspect. Liveaboard vans CCing around boaters' car parks next to the cut.

I can see the attraction, water supply, elsan, rubbish disposal all there. Not many around yet, but I see a few here and there. Beginning of a trend I reckon.

There is a new trend I've noticed which is, once it gathers some momentum, going to cause CRT some headaches in the future I suspect. Liveaboard vans CCing around boaters' car parks next to the cut.

I can see the attraction, water supply, elsan, rubbish disposal all there. Not many around yet, but I see a few here and there. Beginning of a trend I reckon.

Not sure that trend will develop much, Section 77 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 pretty much put paid to traveller vans rocking up wherever they wanted, which is probably why some of them came onto the canals.

Not sure that trend will develop much, Section 77 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 pretty much put paid to traveller vans rocking up wherever they wanted, which is probably why some of them came onto the canals.

Putting a living van long term in a CaRT car park is easy and section 77 appears to have not prevented this at all.

How about filling a whole residential street full of vans and caravans parked in the road right outside houses, that would never happen would it???

I don't think "77" applies in the peoples republic of Bristol. biggrin.png

.................Dave

Putting a living van long term in a CaRT car park is easy and section 77 appears to have not prevented this at all.

How about filling a whole residential street full of vans and caravans parked in the road right outside houses, that would never happen would it???

I don't think "77" applies in the peoples republic of Bristol. biggrin.png

.................Dave

Just come to Bradford on Avon, and I can show you a whole road adjacent to the canal on one side, and a and modern housing estate on the other, which is full of a variety of "interesting" vehicles, some with chimneys coming out of the roof!

Just come to Bradford on Avon, and I can show you a whole road adjacent to the canal on one side, and a and modern housing estate on the other, which is full of a variety of "interesting" vehicles, some with chimneys coming out of the roof!

You'll probably find that the land on which the vehicles are parked is private land i.e. not adopted highway. There used to be a similar situation alongside the railway in Morden. You can see it in google streetview.

You'll probably find that the land on which the vehicles are parked is private land i.e. not adopted highway. There used to be a similar situation alongside the railway in Morden. You can see it in google streetview.

Not at all. The vehicles are all parked on the Pubic Highway against a strip of County Council amenity land located between the Highway and the Canal Towpath.