Tall story?

Maffi

Featured Posts

Can any one shed any light on a story I have just heard. A teacher, possibly in the SOWERBY area, with a damaged rudder bow hauled his boat to comply with the CRT regs, but was given a section 8 for returning for water. It sounds a bit made up, but I am open to anyone who has a link to the truth of the story!

Can any one shed any light on a story I have just heard. A teacher, possibly in the SOWERBY area, with a damaged rudder bow hauled his boat to comply with the CRT regs, but was given a section 8 for returning for water. It sounds a bit made up, but I am open to anyone who has a link to the truth of the story!

Well I moor at Sowerby Bridge, and haven't heard anything, but I can tell you that if he hauled his boat to Sowerby then CRT can't touch him because it's a mile from the canal at the top of a hill.

Cant see crt s8 a boat for getting water,

+if you actually tell crt you have a problem and cant move and are having it sorted and keep them in the loop there normally happy unless it happens all the time .

From how long boats sit around on the towpath without moving, I would say it is very unlikely. Maybe he had a patrol notice, but they start off pretty gently.

I also understand from C&RT enforcement that it takes them months if not years to get anywhere near a section 8, which is why it is easy to abuse the mooring conditions.

A couple of boats opposite my mooring moved off a couple of weeks ago - they had been there since the Spring!

ETA: Though things may change this year!

Edited by dor