Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Richard T

Loughborough Christmas Antidote Banter 2017

Featured Posts

32 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Silly

What, the question?

I'm asking because the CaRT "Strong Stream Warnings" page hasn't been updated since June (https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/enjoy-the-waterways/boating/planning-your-boat-trip/strong-stream-warnings ), and I've been away for Christmas so I dunno how things have been round here over the last few days.

8 hours ago, Superunknown said:

What, the question?

I'm asking because the CaRT "Strong Stream Warnings" page hasn't been updated since June (https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/enjoy-the-waterways/boating/planning-your-boat-trip/strong-stream-warnings ), and I've been away for Christmas so I dunno how things have been round here over the last few days.

CRT are off for the holidays so the rivers don't flood then......;)

On 16/11/2017 at 19:11, rusty69 said:

When you lot meet up,do you play "guess my forum name",or is it just the usual drinking games?

Worse, it's guess the forum name, boat name, real name or nickname.

Our favourite banter game is "name the biggest wally smartest person in a waistcoat"  {insert tongue in cheek smiley here}

On 29/12/2017 at 07:57, matty40s said:

CRT are off for the holidays so the rivers don't flood then......;)

Funnily enough someone's just been paid overtime to tell us the Calder and hebble has shut-as we watch the Trent whizzing by.

I said something about banter photos a while back didn't I? 

I must learn to put better labels on the files so I can find them but here are some 

CWDF.JPG.ab2d7550f40118eb971060f1f9c86d95.JPG

In fact the outtakes from that shot are probably funnier as people try and sort their dogs out for a photo and other people have fits of hysteric s at the antics. 

Saturday 2.JPG

We are currently still at home, and may well stop in Leicester for a late lunch.

See you all this evening.

Thanks Richard for organising a very successful banter. Not your fault the pub was unexpectedly not doing food after all. A great turn out of lovely people. Sorry we had to rush off early for a train. 

1 hour ago, Mrs Trackman said:

Thanks Richard for organising a very successful banter. Not your fault the pub was unexpectedly not doing food after all. A great turn out of lovely people. Sorry we had to rush off early for a train. 

Ditto, except I didn't have to rush off to catch a train. 

Splendid evening, almost 40 banterers,  including Kathys sister Pen who boats on the sea in Nantucket and really enjoyed meeting us narrowboaters.

No food was a bit of a suprise,  however, local fish and chip shops did well out of it.

Thanks Richard for arranging and startling us with your colourful attire.

Anyhow, back to the river in flood thread.....

Thanks to all for coming to Loughborough. It was a very enjoyable evening - good beer and good company. I'm not sure of the final numbers but it was around 35 which is an excellent turn out. We were missing a few people because of the Soar being in flood.

Have a good New Year.

• Greenie 1

It was wonderful to get a chance to meet up with so many people again, thanks for Richard for organising it and everyone who made the effort to turn up. 

I took the shrapnel pot and when I opened it yesterday there was £21.25 in it so thank you to all the banterers  (Dominic M who was a banter virgin suggested we were the "Banterazzi") who popped money in the pot to help keep this forum going. I will get the donation made this afternoon

I think we need to pop Saturday 29th December 2018 in our diaries now - anyone?