Canon printer not "talking to" my iPad now I'm using landline broadband

swift1894

Featured Posts

You have to set up the printer to the new landline broadband router. Have you done that? The broadband router will be password protected and you can't expect the printer to know the password unless you've told it!

But how?

There's nothing about printers in my iPad "settings" section.

I've downloaded the driver but it won't upload into Firefox("only HTTP or HTTPS links can be shared") whatever that means!

I'm a dinosaur btw

If your printer and the router have a WPS button give them a press and it should allow the printer to connect to the router.

They haven't.

If you tell me the model of your printer, I can look on internet to see if it is wifi and Bluetooth enabled. If it has Bluetooth you need to 'pair' the printer with the iPad. If printer is only wi-fi enabled you need to setup the printer to connect to your wi-fi network.

Which exact model of printer is it? Most have a means of setting up the wifi from the printer's front panel. At some point in the past you (or perhaps someone else?) must have set up the printer to work with the dongle's wifi.

For the printer to work with an iPad, the printer has to support "Air print" but since it has worked before, it must do. Once the printer is on the wifi network the iPad will find it.

Well I don't know the difference. The blue symbol on the printer is like an antenna with brackets either side. Is that blue tooth?

No that sounds more like wifi. The standard Bluetooth symbol is the same one used on the iPad, the sort of squiggle made from several intersecting straight lines, very vaguely like an & symbol.

If you tell me the model of your printer, I can look on internet to see if it is wifi and Bluetooth enabled. If it has Bluetooth you need to 'pair' the printer with the iPad. If printer is only wi-fi enabled you need to setup the printer to connect to your wi-fi network.

Canon MG5550

Which exact model of printer is it? Most have a means of setting up the wifi from the printer's front panel. At some point in the past you (or perhaps someone else?) must have set up the printer to work with the dongle's wifi.

For the printer to work with an iPad, the printer has to support "Air print" but since it has worked before, it must do. Once the printer is on the wifi network the iPad will find it.

No that sounds more like wifi. The standard Bluetooth symbol is the same one used on the iPad, the sort of squiggle made from several intersecting straight lines, very vaguely like an & symbol.

Yes I set it up a couple of years ago but I can't find the manual to repeat the process

Canon MG5550

Yes I set it up a couple of years ago but I can't find the manual to repeat the process

Manual online here...

http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg5550.aspx?type=manuals&language=

The file you want is on page 2, titled "MG5500 series Getting Started Guide"

Edited by Jess--

• 3 weeks later...