Small Double Bed Linen Sets??

Richard10002

Featured Posts

Any suggestions for where to get duvets and bed linen for the 4ft wide double beds found on a lot of narrow boats, (presumably). This is compared with the width of a "normal double" which is 4ft 6in.

For 5 years I've been using double fitted sheets which are loose on the mattress, and double duvets, which are too big for the bed - but I've decided it's time to sort things out.

Cant find any high street retailers which stock small double, and a Google search reveals small double suppliers but, when you get to the site, they don't do them - only single and normal double.

I too have been trying to find fitted sheets for our home King-sized bed (mattress) which is about 12" deep. Even buying ones claimed to be for 12" deep mattresses are only 12" deep and won't go round the bottom corners enough to secure them in place and naturally they don't stay in place for long...

There must be a non-standard sizes outlet for such items...it's just I (we) haven't found it / them yet ...

Thanks in anticipation

I think it's sometimes known as 'Queen Size' isn't it?

I've tried looking in high street retailers on and off for a few years without success. I just use single fitted sheets and stretch them to buggery. Only me in the bed too so I just use a single duvet and cover.

Got my 4ft fitted sheets from Dunelm too. Very good quality.

Went to Dunelm and John Lewis in Trafford last week, couldnt find any 4ft, and the staff members I asked in both said they didnt do 4ft small double bedding. Just checked the web site and Dumelm dont seem to offer the choice of small double and, where they list sizes on a couple of the sheets, small double 4ft/120cm isnt listed.

I'll perhaps try another branch, (Stockport), next week....

Small double is also known as a 3/4 double (4'). I was in Dunelm and they have fitted sheets in lots of colours for them. As for duvets, I thought the accepted wisdom was to go up one size, hence double duvet ideal. Stop the wife nicking the whole thing...

Edit for typo.

Edited by Jak