Tv wall bracket

Martyndj

Featured Posts

I'm looking at putting a tv wall bracket up, my question is I will be drilling into wood cladding, what do I need to ensure it stays up, (it's only a 22" Cello tv) raw plugs etc. I'm not the most practical of person so any help would be useful.

Thanks Martyn

Depends on the weight and if it is on a swivel arm which increases the leverage, and the cladding thickness.

But I used these http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p58888

Yes, you absolutely want to be using something like this - some firm of hollow wall anchor. You definitely don't want to be using wall plugs, they are designed for solid walls (brick, block etc).

There are too many variations of wood cladding to say if it alone could support the bracket+TV, or what thickness it is. One solution might be a much larger board, either behind or on top of the wood cladding, to spread the forces.

Good idea. We used to do similar in the school where I once worked. We often had to fix TV's projectors etc onto plasterboard, and a board as you describe, glued and screwed to any available battens did the job. All about spreading the load as you say.

A modern flat screen tv flat to the wall is not very heavy and most of the load is in a down direction so not that much load to pull the screws out. That said it does have to withstand all the bumps and scrapes of the boat. So have a look at how thick/strong you lining is and how well it is fixed to the battens and then pick your fitting method. Just a reminder, if you are using a swivel arm mount then the pull out load is greatly increased and this must be considered.

Depends on the weight and if it is on a swivel arm which increases the leverage, and the cladding thickness.

But I used these http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p58888

I used these genius little things to hold a bracket with a 22" TV to the plywood ceiling in the bedroom. Seems very sturdy and hasn't fallen down and knocked me out yet so I'd say it's working.

I used these genius little things to hold a bracket with a 22" TV to the plywood ceiling in the bedroom. Seems very sturdy and hasn't fallen down and knocked me out yet so I'd say it's working.

When you said a TV on the CEILING one can only wonder if it also has a webcam looking down........Bit like a high tech mirror.

I hope you have a good broadband/wifi password otherwise you may be providing interesting entertainment for your neighbours and certainly GCHQ.

Edited by Chewbacka

Just the bracket on the ceiling I'm afraid, not adventurous enough to go cutting TV sized holes in my boat just yet.

No webcam or wifi on it, it's not that hi tech, unless they can now use the screen against you and use that as a camera and the power supply as Internet. It would make pretty boring viewing either way.