Towpath cut South Oxford

b0atman

Featured Posts

Excellent sight yesterday opposite Cropredy Marina Strimming grass and using a saw to cut down the trees growing at edge of the canal .

Hopefully this cutting down of trees will become commonplace throughout the system.

Maybe its new in the contracts?

Offside or nearside? It's often the offside which needs more attention - outside Croppers Marina, where there are several bushy trees (or treey bushes, I'm no expert) is a prime example. Opposite the Fenny Endless Moorings is another candidate for a decent tonsure.

Edited by Athy

Offside or nearside? It's often the offside which needs more attention - outside Croppers Marina, where there are several bushy trees (or treey bushes, I'm no expert) is a prime example. Opposite the Fenny Endless Moorings is another candidate for a decent tonsure.

If it's offside - then it's the 'responsibility' of the riparian owner - although that term probably doesn't apply to the canal system.

Looking at my local waters - if the above is true, then there's fat chance. Just look at the top end of the Thames, even when the encroachment falls within the bylaws, nothing happens.