Tax on solar panels

eightacre

Featured Posts

Haven't seen this posted here, and I hope the topic is acceptable.

It appears that the government is looking to increase tax on solar panels. For more information and to sign a petition, go to the Greenpeace site: https://secure.greenpeace.org.uk/page/s/no-new-solar-taxes-v3?source=fb&subsource=20161214egfb02&utm_source=gpeace&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=20161214egfb02&tysource=8E691

Haven't seen this posted here, and I hope the topic is acceptable.

It appears that the government is looking to increase tax on solar panels. For more information and to sign a petition, go to the Greenpeace site: https://secure.greenpeace.org.uk/page/s/no-new-solar-taxes-v3?source=fb&subsource=20161214egfb02&utm_source=gpeace&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=20161214egfb02&tysource=8E691

Not enough information. What tax Etc.... ?

Perhaps it has something to do with this?

http://www.solar-trade.org.uk/business-rates-rooftop-solar-increase/

It's to do with business rates on *commercial* solar installations - not quite the same as a "tax on solar panels"....

No, it's not. And even that article doesn't actually explain where they get the figure from and how it's calculated.

"It is essential that solar energy is treated sensibly within the tax system"

Yes, I agree. So what does that actually mean?

No, it's not. And even that article doesn't actually explain where they get the figure from and how it's calculated.

<snip>

Actually, it seems it is. The Groanpeice petition talks about "huge new business rate taxes on solar"

It's go nothing to do with a "tax on solar panels" as the OP suggested.

If the rises do go through, it won't affect anyone unless they are a business that pays business rates.

Are there any narrowboaters that pay business rates on their solar panels?

Edited by PaulG

My Sister & BiL have turned a small part of their farm (Sussex) over to Solar panels they have 20,000 (twenty thousand) panels and are making much more money on the panels/electricity than on the rest of their farm.

The Estate (10s of thousands of acres) next door to us have recently had planning permission granted for 65,000 solar panels.

It is time that 'big' businesses paid 'proper' tax on what they earn - as most of us do as individuals.

The reductions in Corporation tax, announced recently will help the SMEs, and as a nation the majority of our business fall into this category

• Greenie 2

My Sister & BiL have turned a small part of their farm (Sussex) over to Solar panels they have 20,000 (twenty thousand) panels and are making much more money on the panels/electricity than on the rest of their farm.

The Estate (10s of thousands of acres) next door to us have recently had planning permission granted for 65,000 solar panels.

It is time that 'big' businesses paid 'proper' tax on what they earn - as most of us do as individuals.

The reductions in Corporation tax, announced recently will help the SMEs, and as a nation the majority of our business fall into this category

This is why i refused to sign it. I have 3 or 4 emails on this subject from greenpeace, i have replied to them saying the same as you, that big business is making a very good living from these panels, people like me [1kw] just use them to live not earn money.that are now bleeding the government dry on subsidies [good old brown and blair] so to continue to pay the subsidies they need to top up the citty one way or another so greenie alan

When grants were being handed out these people were getting them plus the huge feed in tariffs