Mooring at EA sites on the Thames

Mike Adams

Featured Posts

From the site FAQs:

What happens if I don’t register my arrival?

Our Terms and Conditions say: Any vessel found on a mooring without having registered on the TVM site will be deemed to have been present for 24 hours and charged accordingly.

I can't see anywhere what "charged accordingly" means. Another bit of the site says a penalty charge will apply but no information seems to exist about what any of these charges are.

The move comes three years after the agency introduced stricter rules based on private car park regulations at its moorings which allow a first night's mooring free of charge and a further two nights at £5. After that the charge is a £100 a night.

The move comes three years after the agency introduced stricter rules based on private car park regulations at its moorings which allow a first night's mooring free of charge and a further two nights at £5. After that the charge is a £100 a night.

Those are the signs I mentioned earlier,naming a Parking company.

Thames visitor Moorings is a new addition,am not at all sure why it is needed at all

Sounds as if a "Revenue stream" has been thought up by People wanting to make money from River users

CT

Excellent, thanks!

Those are the signs I mentioned earlier,naming a Parking company.

Thames visitor Moorings is a new addition,am not at all sure why it is needed at all

Sounds as if a "Revenue stream" has been thought up by People wanting to make money from River users

CT

I'd say it is the result of local residents/local boaters getting fed up with the £100 a night penalty being threatened by the signs but never enforced, and CMers learning this. Last time I rode my bike past Kennet Mouth for example there was a clutch of boats there that looked awfully familiar and very well settled in. I suspect they have been flitting about Kennet Mouth since the dawn of time.

So I think the various interested parties got together and set up an administration to administer the scheme properly and actually collect, thereby bringing some pressure to bear.

Not sure how much it will help though as there appears to be no "no return within X days" policy in place. Boaters can stay there for three days for a tenner, move off for a night then have another three days for another tenner or so it looks to me.