Bed wetting?

Jak

Featured Posts

So I'm getting a MissMax style bed wetting! A coupe of the mshrooms are dripping though TBF rain has been torrential and this is the first time I've seen an issue. Was about to buy 6 tubes of interior bathroom sealant and plug em up. But seriously can I assume my best bet is to remove them, apply some decent sealant and bolt em back down?

And please don't worry. I'm not expecting anyone to drop their knickers as payment for advice!!

• Greenie 1

So I'm getting a MissMax style bed wetting! A coupe of the mshrooms are dripping though TBF rain has been torrential and this is the first time I've seen an issue. Was about to buy 6 tubes of interior bathroom sealant and plug em up. But seriously can I assume my best bet is to remove them, apply some decent sealant and bolt em back down?

And please don't worry. I'm not expecting anyone to drop their knickers as payment for advice!!

I think you have posted this on the wrong forum.

when it rains very hard the rain bounces off my roof and runs down the vents, if this is your problem removing and resealing will make no difference.

Blocking the vents up may stop the rain getting in but may also kill you if there is inadequate ventilation - but then you new that already.

I think he has a boat not a caravan to be fair Martin.

I wasn't aware not having a boat precluded being a member on here, can you point me to the forum rule that stipulates it please?

The reference to being on the wrong forum relates to the last line of the post I quoted......but then you'd know that.

What is your name on there?

Edited by MJG

Come on Peggy answer the question, I can see you are looking.

Yes, I admit it. I'm not really a Captain.

So where is the rule that says a none boat owner cannot post on here?

Simple question, it only requires a very simple answer, is there one or isn't there one?

I wasn't aware not having a boat precluded being a member on here, can you point me to the forum rule that stipulates it please?

The reference to being on the wrong forum relates to the last line of the post I quoted......but then you'd know that.

What is your name on there?

I am not on Thunderboat. I do skim through it often enough though. Rarely demands much more than that which is why I am not a member.

Come on Peggy answer the question, I can see you are looking.

So where is the rule that says a none boat owner cannot post on here?

Simple question, it only requires a very simple answer, is there one or isn't there one?

It's a very simple answer since I have never said anything of the sort and don't think it.

I don't however give a flying fig what you do with your caravan and don't wish to read about it on a boating thread; reference there being to 1,000 miles thread. In return though I will acknowledge that I did let it spill over to the virtual pub and could have removed the post rather than just acknowledging it in an edit.

JP

It's a very simple answer since I have never said anything of the sort and don't think it.

I don't however give a flying fig what you do with your caravan and don't wish to read about it on a boating thread; reference there being to 1,000 miles thread. In return though I will acknowledge that I did let it spill over to the virtual pub and could have removed the post rather than just acknowledging it in an edit.

JP

If you don't wish to read something you don't like why not just ignore it?

No I mean use the forum ignore facility...

I admit it's not infallible though...

Wouldn't know how and if that means put someone on 'ignore' I think that would ultimately be a failing no matter what the background. At the end of day it takes two to fall out.

Sorry Jak for derailing the thread.

Edited by Captain Pegg

Wouldn't know how and if that means put someone on 'ignore' I think that would ultimately be a failing no matter what the background. At the end of day it takes two to fall out.

I think you will find whilst that is perfectly correct it takes somebody to fire the first shot. Which I did not. That makes you the aggressor.

Edited by MJG

Right, this is your gentle reminder ... please stay on topic and be polite to each other. Gentle banter is acceptable, unpleasant sniping at each other in a publicly visible place, does not reflect well on anyone.

If you have a problem with each other, report the post and we will consider it.

when it rains very hard the rain bounces off my roof and runs down the vents, if this is your problem removing and resealing will make no difference.

Blocking the vents up may stop the rain getting in but may also kill you if there is inadequate ventilation - but then you new that already.

Same here, often a few drops, and occasionally hail :( Not much you can do about it as far as I can tell.

I have had similar problems in the past and found that screwing the mushrooms right down,. They should not shut completely but the bottom of the head of the mushroom top should then be below the top of the stalk by about a centimetre. I have found that in heavy rain or rain and high winds that stops or considerably reduces any blow in or splashes getting into the boat.

Edited by Geo

Had this on our boat, get the Mushroom closer to the deck. should be a couple of nuts inside ( usually is in a narrow boat ) adjust, lower mushroom, still get an issue with condensation though.

Condensation you will only cure as a quick fix by blocking ventilation. With this method, we stop the warm air, meeting cold ( you can read that as flow, or even recycling ).

Keep breathing/ recycling the same air you will stop recycling that air! Probably not post again either!

I'm sure I've heard of people hanging something under the mushroom vents on the inside to catch water.Something similar to an inverted chimney cap?

We have an issue with a vent directly above Chris's head when in bed, my solution was to suspend a circular plastic lid below the vent, lined with kitchen towel. This is enough to absorb the overnight drips and during the day the paper dries out naturally, so very low maintenance.

Phil

If the seal between the mushroom vent and roof is leaking the vent needs to be removed, the surfaces scrapped and cleaned and resealed with something like Marineflex or Stixall. Don't use silicone unless you want to do the job again in a few years.

If on the other hand, heavy rain is bouncing off the roof and into the vent then try cutting a 4" hole in one of those spongy square washing up cloths and putting it over the vent onto the roof. It might stop the rain from bouncing.

Edited by blackrose

I had thought about this as until Saturday's downpour not seen a problem. But the vent over the bed was much worse with continuous dripping whereas the others just occasional when rain at its worst.