Hudson Owners repair kit

Chris-B

Featured Posts

Why would anyone want or want to pay for fake rivets to be welded to a hull please?

For the same reason that one would pay to have a multi coloured paint job as opposed to a boat painted entirely in bitumen, why one would add shaping to a roof line, use veneered ply inside instead of sterling board to line out, use patterned curtains and upholstery instead of sacking, and a whole bunch of other non-functional but decorative stuff. But on the other hand if you don't want any of that stuff, that's fine by me.

• Greenie 2

For the same reason that one would pay to have a multi coloured paint job as opposed to a boat painted entirely in bitumen, why one would add shaping to a roof line, use veneered ply inside instead of sterling board to line out, use patterned curtains and upholstery instead of sacking, and a whole bunch of other non-functional but decorative stuff. But on the other hand if you don't want any of that stuff, that's fine by me.

Well said

But the paint, the shaping of the roof line, the curtains and upholstery are functional .... :cheers:

I'm not myself a fan of Hudsons, but Nick's right, this is about decoration. The functionality of all those things could be achieved much more simply and cheaply, the boat just wouldn't look as good to its owner. Which is what counts, when all's said and done.