Hudson Owners repair kit

Chris-B

Featured Posts

If the edges of the washer are in contact with the plate then you can't get the filler in afterwards. If you put it in first it will surely be destroyed by the heat of the welding.

Perhaps the washers were welded with some temporary spacer inserted? I'm only guessing. There is obviously some filler around the edges with no sign of the cracking you'd expect if it was just a thin fillet filling the angle between washer thickness and hull.

Not sure exactly, but basically plenty of weld in the middle plus some sort of filler around the outside. Sounds pretty labour intensive, but clearly effective.

Sounds like alot of effort i think it easyer to just drill a hole put a curved bolt head over and weld on or and im just thinking out loud drill a hole heat up a un threaded bolt threw and bash the end.

Or and um this might sound odd but er just dont bother? Most fakes are in the wrong places anyways.

• Greenie 1

I too like (most) Hudsons, and frankly I don't care whether it's right, wrong or indifferent.

I also like (most) Springers. Same remarks apply.

I like Hudsons from a distance they look very smart its when you get close and see rivets where there shouldnt be and no riverts were there should then i go off them

I like Hudsons from a distance they look very smart its when you get close and see rivets where there shouldnt be and no riverts were there should then i go off them

That's funny, when I get close I don't see any rivets, merely decorative adornments. Who'd want a boat that was only held together in a few places? Welded seam are so much more reassuring.

That's funny, when I get close I don't see any rivets, merely decorative adornments. Who'd want a boat that was only held together in a few places? Welded seam are so much more reassuring.

Couldnt tell you who would want one as i dont have a single welded or rivet in my hull seams. Just rope and horse muck and glue.

I like Hudsons.

Is that wrong?

No its fine, I almost bought one.

Not quite sure on that one Nick, An independent test would be interesting, I wonder if anyone has done one.