Running a Pressure Washer.

Greylady2

Featured Posts

Can i run a 1800w Pressure Washer from a Victron 2000kw Invertor with the engine running at 1500 revs ?

Add : 4 x 110 leasure batterys.

With really good new battery's ?

I've never seen a Victron inverter as big as that.

If it's a 2000W one, it may struggle to run the pump of the pressure washer, and if it works (which is questionable) it will be a huge drain on your batteries.

Peter.

Depends on alternator output i think .

^^^^^ this.

Unless your alternator is large then it would cane the batteries even if the inverter would power it (which is probably 50/50).

Suggest you search out a smaller pressure washer if you really need one.

Then no. 70A is a little less than 900W, so you'd be taking over 100A from the batteries.

That answered that one then it a no go 'a'.

Tar

If its for washing the exterior of the boat, it won't do much, better with a detergent dispenser on it though. Dirt and grime is best removed by disturbing it with an implement, like a sponge with a gently running nose.

Yer but you cant blast the bloody leaves off ont tother side with crap water pressure blizzard, maybe i could fasten 200 cola bottles inline and ask 200 ramblers to shake their stuff then open the cannon leaf roof blower at full chat.

Hmmmmm

Edited by Greylady2

Put one of those stove fans on the roof and wait for the sun...

That will take a while. Lol

Omg am knee deep in leaves.

Add : i would not get much from my taps would i 'brrr brrrrr brr br,

Edited by Greylady2

I reckon it's worth trying. I ran a 1400 watt pressure washer (Karcher K2) from my 1800 watt inverter on Wednesday this week - it needed it because the boat was covered in a thick layer of dust, mainly bitumen, when it came out of the dry dock and the damp overnight had glued it to the paintwork. I ran the engine (Beta 43 with a 175 amp alternator) at 1300 rpm and at the end of a couple of hours work the boat was clean and the batteries were fully charged.

• Greenie 1

I reckon it's worth trying. I ran a 1400 watt pressure washer (Karcher K2) from my 1800 watt inverter on Wednesday this week - it needed it because the boat was covered in a thick layer of dust, mainly bitumen, when it came out of the dry dock and the damp overnight had glued it to the paintwork. I ran the engine (Beta 43 with a 175 amp alternator) at 1300 rpm and at the end of a couple of hours work the boat was clean and the batteries were fully charged.

Omg 175 huge maybe ive got confused with alternater and charging alternator.

Omg 175 huge maybe ive got confused with alternater and charging alternator.

According to the Beta Marine website the domestic alternator on the 38 is 100 amps. If so, and you are taking 1800 watts which is 150 amps, the shortfall is 50 amps. Your 4 batteries should be able to support this for at least a couple of hours if they are in good condition and are fully charged when you start.

According to the Beta Marine website the domestic alternator on the 38 is 100 amps. If so, and you are taking 1800 watts which is 150 amps, the shortfall is 50 amps. Your 4 batteries should be able to support this for at least a couple of hours if they are in good condition and are fully charged when you start.

Thanks, yer they are new batterys but today the microwave 800w triped the inverter out on 89%SOC plus the teĺly, it came back on and i make a point everyday of reaching 97 well watching tely or 100 if not.

My engine at 1200 goes into hard labour whilst i am newking a curry so i am worrying about drawing anymore power than 800w.

Maybe a 2000w genny will be better.

Dont want to naff the invertor up.

Edited by Greylady2

Are you going to buy it or hire one?

If hire it is worth try

I might buy a cheapo one i have 500w solar but maybe i think cleaning the boat and charging up the batterys on these dull days makes for a Genny move. Edited by Greylady2

If its for washing the exterior of the boat, it won't do much, better with a detergent dispenser on it though. Dirt and grime is best removed by disturbing it with an implement, like a sponge with a gently running nose.

So wait until you have a cold before tackling the job?

Thanks, yer they are new batterys but today the microwave 800w triped the inverter out on 89%SOC plus the teĺly, it came back on and i make a point everyday of reaching 97 well watching tely or 100 if not.

My engine at 1200 goes into hard labour whilst i am newking a curry so i am worrying about drawing anymore power than 800w.

Maybe a 2000w genny will be better.

Dont want to naff the invertor up.

If it's an 800 watt microwave that will usually be its output power, it will consume anything up to double that amount from the supply. Modern ones tend to be more efficient than older ones but even the best would probably take at least 1400 watts.

Can i humbly ask please ,

Why heat up a curry in the microwave? " the engine goes into hard labour " you say . Surely there must be some affect on the batteries ? Do you turn the engine on specifically to be able to turn the microwave on ?

These aren t critical questions incidentally . I just have this image of someone turning thier engine on before turning on a microwave for one minute !!

Can you not just put curry in a saucepan , put a lid on it , put it on a hob . Ok , it might take an extra 4 minutes to heat up and you 'll never get 4 minutes of life back again but it all just seems overly complicated to my simple head ??

Like i say , not a criticism , just simply curious

cheers

Hi,

A pressure washer will ruin your boat's paint work, especially if you have any 'microscopic pimpling' - to clear leaves from the boat (which seems to be the problem) a leaf blower/shredder is the answer. I have a cheap Draper one (less than £40) which does the job.

Check the wattage though.

Hope this helps

L

• Greenie 1

Can i humbly ask please ,

Why heat up a curry in the microwave? " the engine goes into hard labour " you say . Surely there must be some affect on the batteries ? Do you turn the engine on specifically to be able to turn the microwave on ?

These aren t critical questions incidentally . I just have this image of someone turning thier engine on before turning on a microwave for one minute !!

Can you not just put curry in a saucepan , put a lid on it , put it on a hob . Ok , it might take an extra 4 minutes to heat up and you 'll never get 4 minutes of life back again but it all just seems overly complicated to my simple head ??

Like i say , not a criticism , just simply curious

cheers

Ive noticed it while running the engine to charge the batterys up, its not like i turn the engine on and off to use the microwave to warm a curry up or a nan bread.

I dont think i could warm rice in a pan but i could do the curry sauce.

Hits my self with a stick for going off topic. Lol

Hi,

A pressure washer will ruin your boat's paint work, especially if you have any 'microscopic pimpling' - to clear leaves from the boat (which seems to be the problem) a leaf blower/shredder is the answer. I have a cheap Draper one (less than £40) which does the job.

Check the wattage though.

Hope this helps

L

Ow Leo i never thought of using a leaf blower good idea. :-)

I do have micro blisters as well.

Thanks.

Or

How about a broom ?

There .... someone had to say it in the end !!

Thats so 1980's.