Jabsco loo with a porta holding tank?

W+T

Featured Posts

I have been offered one of these loo`s, i know thay can be used with a pump out holding tank buthas anyone used one with a porta loo type holding tank so i can MT it in an Elsan point?

www.force4.co.uk/department/chandlery-below-deck/toilets-accessories/toilets/jabsco-manual-toilet-compact-small.html#.WDNOk_mLTIV

Edited by W+T

Don't see any reason why not. The splash/smell proof seal between pipework and cassette might take a bit of engineering, though.

Just been wondering f there are fitting for this kind of job, Only wondering if it is worth doing as i have been offered a new one for free, but if it is costly thing to do i may aswell get a normal porta loo.

I have been offered one of these loo`s, i know thay can be used with a pump out holding tank buthas anyone used one with a porta loo type holding tank so i can MT it in an Elsan point?

www.force4.co.uk/department/chandlery-below-deck/toilets-accessories/toilets/jabsco-manual-toilet-compact-small.html#.WDNOk_mLTIV

Have seen a few boats where Sea Toilets have been plumbed into a 25 Litre can so they conform with Upper Thames Regs.

Starting from scratch as you are a cassette would be more straightforward

CT

It would have been unintentional too - copy/paste from TB adds the URL invisibly.

Yes not intentional, be good if we could edit titles ourselves.

Anyway the loo.

I was hoping there would be some fittings i could of used fr connector pipe to the waste. I will stick with a porta loo.

Thanks all :)

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the delay seeing this - catching up after a lot of work elsewhere.

Yes we did have that system for some time. There are a number of positives.

1) all smell diverted outside

2) no chance of spilling the cassette inside

3) seemed cleaner and more hygienic

4) takes up less space

5) spare jerry cans cost £20 each

6) jerry cans are easy to empty

Downsides:

1) Uses slightly more water

2) Needs plumbing in

3) Need a way for the jerry can to vent the air (ours was crude)

4) Harder to tell when full.

We actually used a macerator due to the length of pipe it had to go down which worked well. It so happens that now we have a mooring I wanted to go for longer without emptying so now have it connected to a tank thereby creating a pump out. Just seemed less hassle now i'm not able to move the boat so much.