NEW MODERATORS; Please welcome our latest staff members.

DHutch

Featured Posts

As part of various ongoing changes to the forum, I would like to introduce two new members of staff to the team. Members Athy and Dave_P came forward to offer their services and become moderators of this site with immediate effect.

I intent to add a minimum of two further number to the team in the near future, and if anyone who has not already come forward is interested in the coming roles I would welcome them too to come forward and offer their services.

This site is staffed by a team of volunteers including myself and funded by donations from the members. These people give up their time and money to make this site what it is and I thank them great and encourage you to do so too below.

Thanks

Daniel
Site Owner

I'd better look out my copy of Fowler's English Usage..........

Good luck, guys!

I think we are safe, bad grammar and punctuation is not quite yet a breach of forum R&G's.

(I bet it doesn't stop him though...)

Don't worry, I'll try to keep Dave in check.

Hey my grammar is impeachable!

Yes welcome you two.

Has either of you found and deleted your first non-compliant post yet??!!

ninja.gificecream.gifninja.gifjudge.gifninja.gif

(Grammar edit!)

I've deleted 2 duplicate threads. The sense of power truly made me feel giddy!

OOPS shouldn't you have merged them?

Only if their have been replies to both, if the topics are truly identical, and one or other of them has no replies, the duplicate can simple be removed from view by hiding it.

Daniel

Only if their have been replies to both, if the topics are truly identical, and one or other of them has no replies, the duplicate can simple be removed from view by hiding it.

Daniel

This sounds complex now! This may be beyond my primitive mind.

It was meant as a joke! If you delete both threads all is lost. I know he was talking about two pairs of duplicates. I chose to pretend that he was talking about only one pair. Sorry.

Ahh, missed that totally, yes indeed!

Daniel

Ok, another suggestion for the new guys! How about a light bit of sock puppet sniffing? I know for a fact there is at least one banned member here with a sock puppet registered. I expect there are loads actually.

Might have to explain 'sock puppet sniffing' to that nice Mr Athy first. I can imagine him jumping to the wrong conclusion about what it means doing!