Diesel stove with a fan

Jstupot

Featured Posts

IMO if its hob hot ie hot enough for cooking you will probably melt all the innards of the motor and the electrical wiring , pretty sure they are not designed for that type of temperature , that said they are designed to sit atop a pretty hot stove . I would at least keep it to the edge and away from cooking surfaces they are not cheap things

Hi, it may be a case of trial and error, try placing a steel plate over the hob part which will transmit the heat ( the thickness being the trial and error bit ).

Most eco fans have a safety overheat device which is a strip of steel in the base that lifts the base away from the surface should it be too hot, it works ok on our fan model which is sat on an Aarow ecoburn 5.

Out of curiosity when I am next at our boat I will check the temp at which our fan lifts as I have a laser temp gun (its great for locating hot spots or cold /icy areas ) gun is not expensive, plenty on ebay.

Hello have just received our fan for the stove, but our stove is a diesel with a hob on top that is red hot. Can we stick the fan on the job or does it have to be placed on the edge? Sorry got the novice question.

Does red hot mean it's glowing or does red hot mean it's very hot to touch?

If just very hot to touch your eco fan should be fine, as has been said the bi-metal strip will lift it clear to regulate the temperature of the fan.

Phil

Hello have just received our fan for the stove, but our stove is a diesel with a hob on top that is red hot.

I hope you don't mean that literally.

As Johnmck says, a genuine Ecofan has a bimetal strip that lifts the fan up and protects it from a too-hot stove. So your Ecofan will be fine.

Cheapo clone fans are most UNlikely to have this feature.

I hope you don't mean that literally.

As Johnmck says, a genuine Ecofan has a bimetal strip that lifts the fan up and protects it from a too-hot stove. So your Ecofan will be fine.

Cheapo clone fans are most UNlikely to have this feature.

We have the genuine article, plus an Aldi clone. The Aldi also has the bimetal strip. It works well, albeit a bit more vocally, shall we say!