AS3 Armstrong Siddeley wanted

norseman

Featured Posts

Unfortunately the spares situation seem to Be In the "Rocking horse poo " league the odd Bailer unit although they are more likely to be 2 pot But if marine conversion parts are available I guess very few a very far between

Thanks guys.

I'm in the process of restoring 2 AS2's, and have completely fallen in love with them, regardless of the spares situation.

One will be put to light duty running a compressor for the occasional sandblasting effort, and one will be displayed.

But as a hoarder and fan of old over-engineered lumps of iron, built to high standards of longevity and quality mostly forgotten today... I just gotta have the three-cylinder and single too.

It's a disease, but it keeps me away from the TV, hehe.

Unfortunately I've only seen 1 on the market in the last 3 or so years. And that was industrial and not marinised. Good luck with your search. As an owner of 3 AS2s in various stages of rebuild I feel your pain.

Kind regards

Dan

Thank you Dan.

You wouldn't happen to have an upright foot/base available between those 3?

It's an extremely well thought out design, well built and solid.

Parts can be made - at a cost of course - but for me it's a labour of love, and preservation of cultural heritage.

Thanks again, best regards Erik.

I'm afraid not. Feet are somewhat elusive!

Dan

Hehehe, yes, so it seems.

The most worn one of my twins lacks the base, and it might be degraded to a parts donor. I just bought a stuck one that I hope is not as far gone as that one, we'll see upon arrival and closer inspection.

Thank you, it was worth a try.

No worries. We have 5 in total, and we're aiming to make 3 good ones out of them. We also have the elusive 1,2 and 3 pot complete set. wink.png

Dan

Well thanks again, hahaha!

You did not make my determination to get all 3 of them any less with that onecheers.gif

• 1 month later...

The Dutch AS1 arrived a few weeks ago, thanks again Bee. Equipped with a 110V dc generator, of all things.

I spent a few hours cleaning out the sump and filters, and started it with fresh 15W-40 oil. It runs great, mechanically quiet and smoke-free, and I have not seen any signs of leaks yet.

Between my now 4 AS2's I'm aiming to get 3 nice runners and a spare engine. I found aftermarket pistons, and 4 cylinders are at my machine shop atm. for a rebore. Looking for a tank, Tecalemit original fuel filter housings, a cylinder cowling, and perhaps a head in nice condition.

So if someone has anything lying around, I'm very interested.

Also still interested in a nice AS3.